My first time at a KH - especially to hear the New Light!!!

by The Song Remains The Same 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WishingLiz
    WishingLiz

Thank you for posting this SRS.

It's interesting to see it through the eyes of someone who's seeing it for the first time.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

I gave an example of dual fulfillment. You then ask for an example, talking to Apog, and guess what? The one he just gave? ..I'd just posted that exact..same..thread.. I must be just one of those people nobody listens to.

• The Song Remains The Same
    The Song Remains The Same

Oops, sorry Quiet One. Your reply has some odd scroll bar so I missed it fully.

I'll take a peek (at both) and see if I can understand it

Appreciate the feedback from all... it was quite an experience today I must admit!!!

• steve2
    steve2

Hi Song,

Well, one good outcome for you is that you'll now be cured of the notion that JWs actually ever engage in any active thinking process during the Watchtower Study - or, indeed, in any kind of study. Indeed, the JW lifestyle proceeds much more simply when the poor old mind is switched off.

BTW, does your wife think that, since you've been to a meeting, you're now that little bit closer to "joining"? Some spouses look for any sign....

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

The fourth grade q&a coverage of the articles, where the paragraph is read, then a loaded question with only one right answer is asked, then somebody from the audience answers by reading directly from the paragraph that was just read... one of the most surreal aspects of JWism

• L3G
    L3G

Fourth grade is precious! It is highly accurate. Thx for the post.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Full blown wild eye'd narcissists are like reasoning with a toddler.....

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It doesn't make any sense, so attempting to understand the "new light" is pointless. So interesting to me that everyone just shrugged, out with the old, in with the new. Seems to confirm that they don't really know what they believe, anyway.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One more reason why "witlesses" is appropriate. The songs are atrocious. The material is "Read the paragraph, answer in the words of the paragraph, move on". No one even questions anything. Most of the material is rubbish, often contradicting material from a few months or years ago, yet no one is bothered by that. This is the kind of stupidity that I object to--when one has the capacity to do better yet willfully disregards their intelligence, one is willfully stupid. And, unlike being mentally retarded, there is no excuse.

At least back in the late 1980s, it actually made some sense. Granted it was still lies. But, the songs were not as bad (not good by any means, just not as bad) as today's. The message actually had a plot, and one could defend it relatively simply (granted again that you would rarely win a person to your viewpoint, but at least I was able to go face to face against born-agains and Pentacostals without sounding like a total idiot. Then, I was merely "wasting my time arguing".) These days, however, a cat lick that barely remembers the Our Father prayer could shoot down most of the presentations without much trouble, and I would bet a small child could see through the blatant lies. No wonder I keep calling them witlesses.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

An audio recording of this WT meeting would be a good one to hear...anyone record it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit