It wasn't supposed to be like this

by molybdenum 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fernando
    Fernando

I'm afraid with all the brilliant talent on JWN the Watchtower's days are numbered.

Hopefully they are one of the first of all Babylon's little harlots to fall...

• alanv
    alanv

I remember being told at an assembly in the 1970s that the great tribulation was not in fact round the corner, it was now right in front of us lol

• St George of England
    St George of England

In the 1940's my parents were told that Little George would not go to school in this old system.

George (O.A.P, Grey, M.O.G)

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Its not the truth now I see....its just a load of sh#t to me.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It wasn't supposed to be like this . . .

That's the identical thought that haunts me in the back of my mind. I was born-in. I believed everything they taught me. We lived it. My parents made sacrifices for the sake of the "Kingdom". And why not? They would never get old. They would never need long-term retirement planning. They would never need those investments. Their kids (me incl) would probably never never START school (no flag salute issue for them!) Updated to: Their kids will never finish school and definitely didn't need to go to college -- TheEnd would be here before they could finish an education. Waltz right into Panda Paradise and never get old or die.

THAT is how it was supposed to be!

REALITY is quite different!

Doc

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Sounds like my life.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Molybdenum, good work! I'll play the bongos for you.

OUTLAW, that was one of your all-time GREATEST!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Loved this, thumbs up X 100.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Your poem basically sums up the lives of so many dear friends. Personally I have found a new and better life away from the wtbts. As a lifer-'born in' I spent 60 years following (but doubting) the org. Elder for decades, pioneer, father of 4 dubbers and husband of a great wife for 47 years. My wife knows how I feel about the org. and she is ok with it as I now think she is beginning to see ttatt. I know that my deceased mom would be proud of me for finally opening my eyes fully to the falacy of all religion and especially this one. She was a dub but she loved her family unconditionally and would be happy to hear the ttatt.

With the 7/15/13 'new lite' wt, if it is the truth, then what was it that we had before 7/15/13---the false? So we were raised in the false not the 'truth'?

I hope my dear friends will soon see this bs for what it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit