WHy Have You Turned YOur Back On The Messiah

by cassuk11 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

cassuk11, just like you did as a JW, rest assured you have made your point and be assured we understand your motivation.

However, as with those who decline the JWs message when you preached to tehm, most of the responses here are also declining your message. You need to respectfully realize this and further realize that. Your good intentions are acknowledge.

• cassuk11
    cassuk11

Yeah cool of course. Hey ever man is responsible for their own salvation right ! doesn't mean we cant encourage each other. Some of my friends are atheists, agnostics etc. So i knoww ehre u r coming form thanks.Peace and love

• designs
    designs

When you accept the anti-semitism of the New Testament your perspective on history gets perverted. It is sort of like accepting the argument of an Imperialistic Nation conquering an Indigenous People because of 'Divine Right' as the correct argument.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

First of all the title of this topic assumes that everyone has turned their back to the Messiah which is not true for a lot of people on this forum. It actually is the same as calling people ANTI-CHRIST (like the JW's do in their speeches these days)... Not believing the JW doctrine does not necessarily mean you turned your back to faith.

On the other hand: As I have said in some threads I personally have an open mind now... which in essense means that I am becoming sceptical to scriptures that were written around 2000 years ago and are full of contradicitions. It does NOT mean I am not openminded for a messiah or a God... I can only refer to what I have learned and I have seen a lot of things that were false.

I am not saying God doesn't exist... I am also not saying I do not want to obey God... But what I AM saying is that I want to have faith in someone who also communicates with me personally. Communication is a two-way thing. Communication is also personal which means that if a letter was not written to ME personally I can never ever say that the things that were in it were meant for me. So how on earth can I believe someone who I have NEVER seen or who never showed people in our time that he is alive? In other words: how can I turn my back to someone who I am not totally sure of he excists or excisted? I can only turn my back to someone who is there.

If God (or Jesus) would show me he exists and tells what he expects from me then I will absolutely obey him directly! HE knows I would!

• rawe
    rawe

Hi Cassuk11,

Thanks for directly answering my questions, I appreciate that. The key difference between our views of course is I don't hold one source of written information in a special place above all others. However, as James said, "You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works" (James 2:18). Whatever our 'faith' might be, we want what we do, our 'works', to be good.

Good luck on your journey!

Cheers,

-Randy

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

You all thought you could earn your way into the KIngodm well you cant. But what you do have ot do is seek CHrist not by works but by love and you will find him.Then your eyes will be opened

I spent ten years pioneering out of love for people and fear that they would die without the 'Truth'. You really are so incredibley arrogant you take my breath away. How on earth you think to motivate anyone to become a Christian with this appalling attitude is beyond me. My eyes are open to religious people like you who think people are a lesser form of life unless we believe exactly what you believe.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Basically he's saying just shove your logic, common-sense, intelligence, critical-reasoning aside and PRAISE THE LORD anyway. Throw your brain out the window and just lurrrve Jesus folks!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have turned my back on Harry Potter, another fictional character.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit