Questions from Readers ... In light of the new understanding of the Faithful and Discreet Slave, is it appropriate to refer to C.T. Russell as Brother Russell?

by mindnumbed 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Charles Taze Russell was the founder of the Bible Students, not Jehovah's witnesses (Rutherford did that in 1931).

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Well, yes, that's the obvious answer, but the Society never seems to talk about Rutherford these days, not in the way that they used to dote on Russell as this honest student of the Bible who started publishing the Watchtower, whenever they fawned over their own "rich spiritual heritage". When did they last even mention Rutherford by name in the literature?

So my point was that I feel lke they're attempting to avoid tying their origins to another single man to avoid future difficulties or embarrassment or ad hominem attacks against Rutherford. Which places the Witness in a weird place when he's asked where his religion came from.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Are you guys talking about me again? For the last time, I'm the Faithful & Wise Servant!

Now look away for a second while I take off my Freemason ring!

• cha ching
    cha ching

The WTBTS "Out of Darkness" DVD proudly displays The Finished Mystery book (from Russell's era) with a winged sun disc on it.

2,600 times "Russell's" name appears in the 2006 DVD.

People fondly remember "The Photo Drama of Creation"... as a great thing that saved people, put them on a new road, and a whole bunch of other nebulous comments, and they don't even know what was on that thing! It was weird! Have you looked at ALL the slides? I have.

Try saying anything that is doubtful/ disparaging about Russell (I said "Why would God choose Russell who believed in pyramids?") and even tho he is now "not part of the FDS" they will still be mad at you for inferring anything even "true" about him.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Give it time. The older Witnesses have to pass on first. Now that the era of "the truth" starts in 1919, Russell will be talked about less and less.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

An accepted Brother of religious Charlatanism.

• sspo
    sspo

This religion is getting sicker by the minute...what else are they going to come up with?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since the WTS. is connected to C T Russell and his theological works as the once President of the WTS.

and that its being exposed as such allover the inter-net, they are forcibly compelled to

say (Brother Russell) as preacher and teacher of (The Truth) .

What he did preach was utter bullshit wrapped around his commercial endeavors with his publishing house.

Ironically if C T Russell had no connection with the WTS. he would simply be scoffed off and demeaned as a false prophet

from Satan's ruled false religion.

Thats how organized religion works folks take it or leave it.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Questions from Readers ... In light of the new understanding of the Faithful and Discreet Slave, is it appropriate to refer to C.T. Russell as Brother Russell?

What issue of the WT did this come from?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

A made-up one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit