Mass Disfellowshippings of Inactive Ones

by bytheirworks 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Meh..

The WBT$ likes numbers,the higher the better..

If your not a threat,they don`t want to lose you..

It`s Time to Count Jehovahs Witnesses!!..

1..2..3..4..5..6..7..and another one..

And Another One!..

http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/08/3/3/2/1644108262765574.jpg

........................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I doubt an official disfellowshipping. But,I know someone who attended pioneer school recently. And the Circuit Overseer,brought out how even if, a family member was never disfellowshipped. If they are inactive and did things that would "merit" being disfellowshipped. Then,they are to be treated as such.

So,I don't know if that C.O. who is known to be rather strict,is speaking his own opinion,or giving the word out of headquarters.

But,the local elder bodies around here are too busy to be bothered, going after inactive ones, who have been gone for years. They can barely keep up with Kingdom Hall maintance and meeting parts.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

The threat of individual legal action against my elders has worked for me . They also know I've recorded them .

Have the Flock book and all the BOE letters .

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

Please let it happen. That would be awesome. Come and get me suckers.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

And the Circuit Overseer,brought out how even if, a family member was never disfellowshipped. If they are inactive and did things that would "merit" being disfellowshipped. Then,they are to be treated as such.

So,I don't know if that C.O. who is known to be rather strict,is speaking his own opinion,or giving the word out of headquarters.

But,the local elder bodies around here are too busy to be bothered, going after inactive ones, who have been gone for years. They can barely keep up with Kingdom Hall maintance and meeting parts.

They can say what they want, but there are plenty of prominent JW Elders who helped their DF family members get reinstated knowing they were going to fade, thus allowing them to maintain communication with their kids, grandkids, brothers/sisters, etc. Numerous Elders/MS/Pioneers are showing they are willing to give up the Title rather than shun their family (esp grandkids). They've lost sight of the nearness of The End.

Doc

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

What possible benefit would this bring them?..They want to increase their numbers , not drive them away. A fair number of the inactive are re activated

• blondie
    blondie

If it isn't in writing in the publications, it is only crap spewing from the mouths of rumormongers, and that includes COs, DOs, GB, Bethelites, and elders.

• baltar447
    baltar447

What Blondie said

• blondie
    blondie

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/pc/r1/lp-e/1200272880/25/0

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2012245#h=0:0-24:168

YES*w93 7/15 27 - **Inactivity in the ministry or in attending Christian meetings does not mean that the sheep is no longer part of the flock. He remains part of "all the flock" for whom the elders must "render an account" to Jehovah.

*w93 4/1 30 - **In contrast, overseers in the Christian congregation remember that all of God's sheep are precious in his eyes, and they deal rewardingly with each one of them. They care not just for the 99 who are healthy but also for the one who is weak or emotionally disturbed.-Matthew 18:12-14; Acts 20:28; 1 Thessalonians 5:14, 15; 1 Peter 5:7.

YES*km 6/96 1 - ** Most who are inactive have not abandoned the truth; they have simply stopped preaching because of discouragement, personal problems, materialism, or other anxieties of life. (Luke 21:34-36)

So what scriptural grounds for df'ing are they suggesting from the publications?

• bohm
    bohm

Its true, I heard this will happen a month before the un outlaw all religion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit