Let the July 15, 2013 WT games BEGIN!! And may the odds be ever in your favor!!

by ILoveTTATT 22 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The Annual Meeting ought to be a real hoot! A bunch of smiling face saying how priviledged everyone feels who was given a personal invitation and them some wonderful news from the Governing Body to encourage all with winesome words of Corporation Inspired insights, into the nature of believing without critical thinking in some words from the Corporate sock puppet himself "Jehovah of Armies" from his position high above in his Celestial Chariot, and how they are deep into the time of the end and the need to trust no one but them so they can please sock puppet jehovah.

Met with load applause for all that The Governing Body says.

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

The natives are restless! Just had a visit from an Assembly Hall Custodian/TMS School Overseer/Elder's wife (pioneer) and their 18-yr-old homeschooled daughter (pioneer). They just got done with pioneer school together. I want to say these are two very intelligent, talented and compassionate women.

So they were looking for some information about post-homeschooling testing/diplomas. I directed them to a local literacy volunteer organization for the answer.

It happens that they live directly across the street from a home near an airport where a plane crashed into the house and killed two or three children. The elder Dad is wondering just what he was thinking moving to that house so close to the landing strip for the airport (Ummm. You spent too many years at Bethel together and can't afford anything else.) They can't afford to move elsewhere here in the US. He is thinking maybe Central America. I gave them some back issues of International Living about living/retiring overseas, as we are planning on retiring overseas.

With all the pleasantries and catching up on local congregation news aside, it started-- "We miss you at the meetings. . .

I told them I couldn't handle the pressure of meetings and hearing about so many people dying at Armageddon including my children. I said I was keeping current with reading the magazines. She asked if I could get the study articles on JW.Org. I said, "Yes" and asked, "What do you think about the July 15 WT?"

Mom's response: "My husband wondered why they put in what we used to believe."

Daughter jumps in: "I don't even remember the stuff we used to believe. It is just so confusing!"

Mom: "I'm going to have to set aside at least three hours to study for the meeting. Maybe I'll have time to read one of the articles in the end notes." She sighed.

I said, "Wow! I know what you mean! I never liked the You Can Live Forever in Paradise book, because we had to teach what other religions believe and then prove it wasn't true. It's so much simpler with the Bible Teach book."

Strong nods from both.

I continued, "I have a very good memory for what I have read and heard, and I remember back to pre-1975. So many teachings are just sooo different now!"

Blank stare from both. Change of conversation. Guess that was too much for them, but hopefully the comment will lodge in their brain somewhere. Seriously, it isn't even the same religion anymore!

By the way this is a family where there was huge fallout due to "apostasy" across three congregations. So much shunning going on. A truly broken family. That's why I also talked about the pain regarding my children-- one DF'd and the other DA'd by her actions. I think it will resonate.

Just wish I wasn't back on their radar again. Grrr! They will be back with the DC releases. Any ideas for under-the-radar un-witnessing?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Old Hippie, whoooops I goofed. I haven't had much sleep lately...Sorry for that.

They will have that annual meeting thing at the end of the study , correct? I read the annual meeting will conclude with comments on the study.

Anyeay. at the beginning of the study or the end, either way it dies coencide which I beieve was planned.

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

Rubadubdub- you have a PM.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Please refresh my memory on the July 15th WT?

• Splash
    Splash

Its the 4 week epic reversals of 8 (9?) major FDS teachings that JWs have held for up to 80 years.

And it has more holes than a string vest.

Splash

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

Dissonance_Resolved You have a PM

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Cheers Splash

• JWB
  • ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I am seeing LOTS of confusion on my friend's facebook pages...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit