Looking for advice

by Liveandlearn 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Liveandlearn
    Liveandlearn

nugget, I am, although my partner comes from a similar background and is happy to do whatever's needed

laverite, I feel like that's how i've liven my entire life and that's quite sad but with elderly parents, and seeing them hurt i can't win. I either live my life how I want and break thier hearts and live with that guilt every day, or do what i have to do to make them happy for as long as they're alive. I'm out of a situation that was making me not want to live, being disfellowshipped served that purpose

• laverite
    laverite

Outlaw - as usual, you sum up a whole thread into one or two brief comments perfectly. It's so true! Life isn't fair. Sometimes we have to just put on our big girl panties, take a deep breath and deal with reality.

• laverite
    laverite

Liveandlearn - ok now we are getting somewhere.

• laverite
    laverite

Perhaps this is what we should focus on. The situation with your parents. Are they shunning you completely? Maybe we can brainstorm in the thread about ways to mitigate this? You will find so many of us understand this heartbreak here. And WE CARE about that. Very much.

Maybe your strategy of going back for them isn't such a bad one especially if they are very elderly. What do others think? I can understand that. We do care and should be supportive of you.

I'm sorry what you are going through. x

• Liveandlearn
    Liveandlearn

laverite, I appreciate the honesty. I am young and I know i have a lot of growing up to do. I just find the injustice of it wrong and hard to swallow. The only thing I'm doing different now to a year ago is living with someone

• Liveandlearn
    Liveandlearn

they are completely shunning me, even texts asking for their meeting times went ignored. They say they have to do things gods way and by his arrangement. it breaks my heart seeing how they're following this to the letter. they use the 'not even greeting' logic, which i understand

I just want to stop this guilt. i don't care about super strict people crossing the street when they see me, if that makes them happy i'm not going to care. I do care about my parents and i know from speaking to less strict people theyre in tears at the meeting

i've had a scan here and seen something called fading. What is that?

I havent spoken to any elders about coming back, the coordinator has seen me on the back row a few times and smiled and i know some have spotted me in the audience. Am i suposed to speak to them about this so they know my intentions?

• finally awake
    finally awake

Your parents are adults. They are choosing for themselves whether to have their hearts broken over your actions. You cannot choose someone else's emotional state. You need to live your life for yourself.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@ Laverite!!..

Thanks bud..

I`ll leave the Big Girl panties to the Gay Super Hero..LOL!!..

Nice to have you back..

I either live my life how I want and break thier hearts and live with that guilt every day,
    or do what i have to do to make them happy for as long as they're alive.

If you want to Go Back to the WBT$ and Survive..

You`ll need to Do..

What Everyone else Does There..

Lie..

.....................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

deleted my comment

• jgnat
    jgnat

So, to get reinstated with any sort of speed, you are going to have to kick out the person you are living with at the moment. Any thought to her feelings, your relationship?

The other option is to do the fanciest footwork I've ever seen, living the double life. That won't be guilt-free either.

It seems to me that you are a natural hedonist, trying to wear the cloak of a cleric. I don't think it will ever suit you.

Why not use the charm you have cultivated, to convince your parents to associate with you regardless of your status with the WTS?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit