I am a loser

by zed is dead 18 Replies latest jw friends

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I just thought of something. I have spent most of my life feeling like I am a loser. I have been compensating for those messages most of my adult life. With therapy and acquired wisdom I have mostly gotten past those feelings.

Today I can tell you I am a loser and not feel bad about myself. Being a loser just means you are a person that lost things. Over the course of my life I have lost many things. Some of them I cared about deeply, and others I am grateful for losing. But today, being a loser does not define me. It does not have to impact me emotionally anymore.

Hell, if you have not lost anything, you are either a hoarder, or have not taken a chance in your entire life. That would be much more tragic than losing things. Suck every last morsel out of this life, it is all we have!

Have a great day, and do not be afraid to take chances!

zed

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

You sound like a winner to me but I wont argue the point LOOSER.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Now THIS is looser.

Looser

• Quandry
    Quandry

jgnat-I don't know what to say about this guy as to why exactly he is doing this, but I will say that it gave me a good laugh-thanks.

And if we are out of the JW nightmare, we LOSERS NO MORE!!

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I disagree Quandry,

Losing that religion is one of my most cherished lost things! I let my "LOSER" freak flag fly on that one, and am proud of it.

zed

• Giordano
    Giordano

For me I was a loser as a jw. The name embarrased me, the meetings were embarassing, field service was embarassing, the whiny assemblies, even the smell of the WT Magazine! LOL. In all honesty I thought it was a human crap storm.......what a dumb place to be. At 23 I got out and began playing on winning teams.......what a difference.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Zed, sounds like you've gained a great lesson in the game of life!!! Go to the head of the class!

• zed is dead
  • 5go
    5go

That is just the left over mind control at work. I still feel like a loser but my therapist was pointing out that I am winning my freedom that I want. So how can I be a real loser. I just need to work on things still.

• flipper
    flipper

ZED- I get what you're saying. Very good point. I've lost a lot of dear things in my life, yet some things not so dear. Some things I'm glad I've lost and going through the experiences of losing those unwanted or uneeeded things - has made me a more empathetic, complete, caring person - in my opinion. It's like a person will go two ways experiencing this $hit. It either makes a person more empathetic or they turn bitter into a complete a$$hole. It's almost like this : if we don't know HOW to lose things in life, we start unrealistically thinking we'll WIN all the time and that causes a warped sense of entitlement and narcissm thinking we are ENTITLED to always win. Something I've learned the hard way myself that is surely not true.

When I think of you my dear friend ZED - I have ALWAYS thought of a winner. Even when you or I have gone through down times, we bounce back like a rubber ball waiting for the next adventure life throws our way. And that can be the fun, unexpected turns in life that can propel us to the next thing. Sure there are down times but like Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson once said, " Nothing is Easy, your fingers may freeze, worse things happen at sea, there 's good times to be had. " Another great movie I always liked is " The Big Kahuna " with Kevin Spacey, Danny Devito in it where towards the end of the movie Danny Devito is telling a young religious fundy guy in his 20's that he hasn't built enough character in his life because he's never LOST anything before in life. So the young guy was lacking experience in HOW to lose important things- thus he lacked empathy and/or character which is usually built on lifes experiences good AND bad.

I love that Rush song, I have the CD a really great song and CD. We just gotta rool the bones and we don't know what will happen until we do it ! Peace to you and love my dear friends, if you're not working I'll try to call you a little later today perhaps ? I mean, my god it IS Labor day, all of us losers oughta get a break now and then, eh ? LOL ! Take care bud

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit