Now I'm not a JW, is it ok for me to...

by Julia Orwell 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Splash
    Splash

I seem to be going against popular opinion, but that does seem a little excessive to me.

What's the recommended guidelines for women and alcohol?

I love good wine too, but I save it for the weekends and special events, occasionally a glass in the week.

Forgive me for saying, but if keeping a bottle of vodka in the house is 'dangerous', do you think you have a difficulty with alcohol?

Splash

• Pickler
    Pickler

I love having a glass or two of wine. Normally having a third is a rarity... then it will tip me over the edge into being sleepy, but, I don't drink anymore than that usually, I just get tired.

drink what you want Julia, just don't drive!

• Laika
    Laika

It's ok but it may not be healthy, I'd recommend longer and more frequent breaks. Maybe take a week off every now and again.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

" Forgive me for saying, but if keeping a bottle of vodka in the house is 'dangerous', do you think you have a difficulty with alcohol?"

I think I do. That's why I'm seeking advice. I've had a bit tonight, but I don't think I'll have anymore. It's just hard to sort of know where JW uptightness ends and being sensible starts.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Julia

I too like wine, Aussie red in particular, a lot, and have had periods when if I wasn't depressed, I was close to, and was self-medicating with alcohol. I have a good tolerance like you and could manage a bottle of wine or the equivalent or more on a reasonably frequent basis. I realised this was not good for my physical or mental health (alcohol is a central nervous depressent so reinforces depression symptoms) so I now try to restrict my wine intake to 2 glasses a day and have at least two days off a week but occasionally have a bit more or even a lot more than that but I try not to do that more than once a month. This regime seems to be working for me but you need to work out what works best for you.

It was brave of you to ask the question but the fact that you asked it may mean you have already identified this as an issue and hopefully your next step will be to address the issue.

Good luck

Frazzled

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

my friend was always saying 'they don't know how much it's safe to drink, all this units rubbish, I don't drink that much'. Buried him a few years ago died from alcoholism early 40's.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Bottle of wine a day...okay. Bottle of Vodka a day...problem. Have 2 days off a week and your fine.. the Hell with Witness guilt...Lot got drunk and got his daughter s pregnant...ive never done that...Noah showed off his junk after saving the world...thats sick.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

From the friends at WTBTS . . .

"Alcohol is a food and is metabolized by the body to provide energy"

Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1989, page 109

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Hash cookies are also a FOOD...except it makes you more hungry.

• cantleave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit