Security cameras inside & outside the Kingdom Hall ?

by gingerbread 32 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

yah they could easily lock the door with a panic bar on the inside like at the movie house. The real point tho is whether or not that kind of thing should even be allowed under moral code and I think not , I don't think jesus cares if you get robbed , he told his apostles not to get upset or seek revenge . Any time you seek human authority in any matter you have disregarded the principles set by the bible on these matters.

• sir82
    sir82

Our KH in a moderately affluent suburb has cameras too.

I think it is part of the RBC "package" when a new KH is built, and has been for many many years.

I don't see why it is a cause for alarm - most public buildings have some sort of video surveillance now.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

This Hall was an RBC construction project about five years ago. The digital projector and cameras were installed last month.

I understand the need for practical security. The most perplexing shot was of the elder's meeting room - where judicial cases are heard.

The use of live feeds may give a sense of a secure meeting place for the publishers. It also can fuel fear of persecution from the outside.

Another thought - with the elder's room is being monitored perhaps this is a way record any who enter and look through the physical files, make copies of documents or transfer sensitive information to a flash drive/memory stick...

ginger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit