Security cameras inside & outside the Kingdom Hall ?

by gingerbread 32 Replies latest jw friends

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I recently heard from a family member who is still active about the new security system in her KH.

During the installation of the digital projector on the auditorium's ceiling, she said that the brothers who came to install it (I'm assuming some from the Regional Bldg group) also installed security cameras.

She specifically mentions a computer screen at the sound box that shows live feeds of - the parking lot, the carport/drop-off, interior view of the entrance, the lobby and magazine counter & the 'little room' ( the 'elders room' with conference table, computer and printers, filing cabinets, library, etc).

Has anyone seen or heard of these being installed in a local Hall ?

Comments?

ginger

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

New Yaughts!!! We Just Love This Idea!!

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

This is standard now. The system also includes door controls so after the meeting starts you have to be buzzed in by whoever is running the system.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Friggin' Lockdown!!!

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

You Go You Paranoid Bastards!!

Have Fun!!!

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

What type of area is the hall in? If it's an urban area or something with lots of crime that's not too far fetched as well as locking the front door. It is sorta weird to have other rooms with cameras. I'll have to ask around for some outside confirmation of this.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm sure a crossbow would NEVER be able to silently take out those cameras! They're protected by Jehovah's Magic Spirit!

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

I've never heard of cameras inside a hall, which I admit is strange and a waste of money, but a lot of halls I've visited have a single camera just outside the main entrance, especially if the hall is located in a middle to high income area, and I would assume if the crime rate is high in the area too. I know of a few halls though that although they have an outside camera, it is not wired and is just for show to (hopefully) prevent vandalism.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

So much for my plan of leaving a flaming bag of dog poop outside the Kingdom Hall on meeting night.

• Glander
    Glander

They are just verifying meeting attendance

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit