Thanks again, Simon, and difference between IE and Google Chrome

by compound complex 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• compound complex
    compound complex

There are some threads already on forum performance. Nonetheless, I wanted to post this:

I decided to switch to my IE page and open up JWN there. All the good stuff is here (tools and former amenities once on my Google Chrome), and there's no need to go through several steps to copy/paste, to make links clickable, etc. Likewise, it was impossible to format paragraphs on GC. I have Safari on my iMac. Got to see what's up there. . . .

I guess it's the browser then . . . correct?

Gratefully,

CoCo

• Simon
    Simon

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're saying. Is it that it's *not* working on IE?

The browser does play a huge part on how any site works - ideally, everything works the same but there are so many differences between the browsers that it takes a lot of time to get everything fully compatible (just the time to test all the variations).

IE is usually the worst for behaving badly and getting things 'wrong'. It's also the slowest IMO.

Chrome and Safari are both (currently) based on the same rendering engine and do a good job.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Co Co, I am not IT literate. I don't really understand what you are talking about. I can see that you are now, posting in paragraphs, yay!, but I don't know how to get outta my bigga meata' balla mess, (one paragraph with everything in it) for me... Just Lois who likes bigga meatta balla's, but not in written form. lol

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I'm in the same spaghetti pot as you, Lois.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

On this site IE is the only browser that lets me use photobucket, embed youtube videos and make links clickable so I do everything in Safari which is my browser of choice and nip to IE if I need those functions here.

I am not very techy so I don't know why I can't do those things with Google Chrome or Firefox either.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Has anyone else noticed that the page expander is not working this evening ?

There are no arrows on the top of the page to widen the page in IE. or Firefox for me.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

hey Fink, how do you copy and paste, it's not working like it use too....

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

I can't copy and paste off you tube ....i'm lost in the wilderness!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juTeHsKPWhY

• bigmac
    bigmac

i'm using chrome--- is this a new paragraph--?

• bigmac
    bigmac

nope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit