How I see it in JW land

by tornapart 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tornapart
    tornapart

They're tired... sooooo soooo tired. They know it's all wrong but they keep telling themselves how wonderful it is. Almost as if they are trying to convince themselves. They don't really want to go out knocking on doors. They get themselves into automatic robotic mode so they can do it. They go to meetings but most of them miss loads. Those that go regularly are in robotic mode. It seems they don't really believe what they are being told. In my cong. both the WT overseer and his assistant are on holiday for the 'new light' WT. My elder hubby thinks that half the cong will be away for it.. why? 'Because nobody likes that sort of thing'... (his words). So many of my friends have gone from auxiliary pioneering regularly, pre studying for meetings, giving talks, commenting, regular meeting attendance.... to... nothing. Or as little as possible.... and not even feeling bad about it. Those that do feel bad about it have hundreds of 'reasons' why they are not doing anything...

And it's becoming infectious.....

• cofty
    cofty

That is so good to hear.

I am sure the Watchtower will go out with a whimper rather than a bang.

• tec
    tec
    And it's becoming infectious.....

Good to hear!

Peace,

tammy

• steve2
    steve2

Good comments tornapart. I've often maintained that the Watchtower's biggest enemy is not apostasy, but apathy.

I hear more and more reports about congregations struggling with a lack of suitable "brothers" to fill the roles of ministerial servants and elders and of very poor meeting attendances - especially during the week. My own JW relatives are trying to corner the "robotic" corner but it looks mighty crowded!

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Good to hear, but I wish they would go out with a BANG....But as they whimper along.. so BORING, the rest of the family whimpers away with them...and this annoys the hell out of me with their shunning crap.. insot4

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

....Beatings will continue until Moral improves!!

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

NEW YAUGHTS!!! WE JUST FRIGGIN' LOVE THIS IDEA!!!

• rmt1
    rmt1

Hitler's last hours went on for years, cost untold lives, untold treasure. The "end" of the TWS will be analogous except for the fact there is no one particular figurehead. 1984's Inner Party did not have a particular figurehead, but a rolling membership of those who could protect the interests of the Inner Party. Also useful is the Architect from the Matrix, who said 'There are levels of existence we are prepared to accept'. The GB and their iron-clad sychophants and courtiers may still find acceptable an existence as the block bosses of a prison of their own making. TWS is savvy to modern methods of corruption through law, defensive distribution of portfolio. They are smart enough, just enough, that Hitler's bunker will be around for decades. The non-trivial number of humans being born and raised with almost zero capability for rational or critical thought, despite access to all kinds of information, ensures a nearly permanent supply of fleece. (I am pretty sure) It's too much to hope that TWS would collapse, confess, release its corporations, and its members retire to permanent ignominy all in one final act. You've seen these people work.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

I'm sorry but I can't agree. These people are brainwashed, and he brainwashing is only getting stronger. Now they are trying to appeal more to children, so they can rope them in early. Yes, among the people I know there are many who are in robot mode... Most are. The attitude is different than In years past, but those die hards from the 70s and 80s are still around, along with their families. Once that crowd dies of there will be a large divide thru the congos. There are the hard cores, they work part time and starve while they pioneer. On the other side we have the born ins, they still work full time, have mortgages and real jobs and a vacation or two every year. The hard cores sneer at the "friends" out of jealousy, while they look down upon them because of their not putting 'the kingdom first.' This is apparent already, but once the old school Dubs die off we will just be led with these two groups. Make no mistake... Even the most liberal Dub is properly brainwashed, usually from birth.

• steve2
    steve2

CaptainObvious, what's not to agree with? Posters are basing their comments on their own observations of what they see happening in their kingdom halls now - how can you disagree with that? My own family tell me that mid-week meeting attendances are very low and at least two congregations in my region have merged simply because they do not have enough elders to sustain the individual congregations. Sure, this does not mean an imminent decline but it shows that, despite the die-hards, it's getting tougher out there in JW land.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit