Blondie's Coments You Will Not Hear at the 09-02-2013 WTS Study (when)

by blondie 41 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

BTTT!

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

On paragraph 4 the question is:

What insight led to a clearer understanding

of Jesus’ prophecy about the last days?

The answer (according to the paragraph) is:

examination of Jesus’

prophecy, however, we perceived that a

part of Jesus’ prophecy about the last

days has two fulfillments.

What I don't understand is how this "insight" (that Jesus prophecy about the last days had two fulfillments) be presented as being just recently understood from "further examination of Jesus' prophecy" when the society has claimed for my entire life that there were two fulfillments. See this quote from way back in 1978 where they say that "Jehovah’s Witnesses have often pointed out that much of what Jesus there foretold had two fulfillments"

*** w78 8/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

That prophecy had a future application beyond what occurred to Jerusalem and on the Jews in 70 C.E., but it also was true as to the history of that city and nation.

These words are in Jesus’ prophetic reply to the apostles’ question about his future presence and the conclusion of the system of things. (Matt. 24:3, 21; Mark 13:19) Jehovah’s Witnesses have often pointed out that much of what Jesus there foretold had two fulfillments: First, a limited fulfillment in the developments leading up to and including the Roman destruction of Jerusalem and the Jewish system of things in 70 C.E. Second, a major application from 1914 C.E., when Jesus began his invisible heavenly presence as king of the Messianic kingdom, and including the yet future end of the worldwide evil system of things.—See The Watchtower of January 15, 1970, pages 41-56, and God’s Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached, pages 293-331.

• losingit
    losingit

What a series of convoluted articles! They mention old-old light, which i wasn't even aware of bc I came in under newer light, thereby confusing the heck out of me. Then They say that new light is new when in fact it's always been the established light ( if there is such a thing.) Then, there is a complete upheaval of teachings, "new light" , that is baseless. Did I get all of the convoluted mess right? Anyways, I need to read the articles again for a better understanding of the nonsense being taught.

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

Thanks, Blondie.

Two questions:

Could you possible put this in a printer-friendly version that saves space, so that I could print it? Maybe a document or pdf?

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

Actually thats only one question.

Thanks,

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I think I'm going to bring this up tomorrow with my family and see what they offer up. Thank you, Blondie.

• blondie
    blondie

Printer friendly??

I am challenged on the computer technically....any suggestions

I pull up the PDF, tack on my standard beginning, all in Word, then save it and select all and paste it on JWN. It seems that Simon's tweaks have changed how JWN handles that.

• Julia Orwell
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

There was very little enthusiasm on the part of the JW rank and file during the coverage of the lesson today.

Ordinarily the conductor of the Watchtower has no problem getting the ‘friends’ to comment on the material being considered. However, this week’s lesson was waaay different.

On the majority of the 19 paragraphs, after he read the question-the conductor literally had to wait, like seconds would go by before someone would raise their hand to comment. I noticed that on a number of paragraphs the elders reluctantly had to bail him out by offering a token comment on the paragraph that no one else wanted to comment on.

To me, the hesitancy of the audience to comment on today’s lesson is a sure sign that the GB’s back pedaling in this magazine is not going over very well with the other sheep!

People in general do not do well with change. JWs are no different! This July 15, 2013 Watchtower Study Edition has an abundance of changes, updates, revisions and clarifications and the brothers & sisters are feeling insecure with it all!

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

Blondie,

If you email me the document, I can put it in a printer friendly version and post a link, giving credit to you of course.

I will PM you right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit