a little fun stumbling 2 jw's in fs

by JunkYardDog 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Good for you JYD !! I like to have fun with them myself with stuff I've read here when I see them in the subway stations.

• adamah
    adamah

Well, kudos for airing some hostility and "having some fun" with them, but if you think you raised some doubts in their minds which might've actually HELPED them as human beings to escape from the JWs, then you're likely WRONG: you only managed to elicit a CLASSIC defense mechanisms (eg his parroting "we'll only have to wait to see"). So you might want to have yourself checked for being deluded, if your goal was to actually HELP them break free.

"Shot-gunning" a load of issues at a JW is rarely effective, since WHO responds to being told ANYTHING? Oh, people who blindly follow orders, that's who, but their "leader" promises eternal Panda-petting privileges, and what do you offer?

They'll never bother to look into ANY of the issues you raised, since instead of focusing on ONE single issue, you shot-gunned. Since you're trying to persuade them from their current beliefs, it's generally more effective not to TELL them, but to ASK them for answers, gently forcing them to THINK, not shut-down their logic and go into thought-suppression mode.

Reverse witnessing is more difficult than some think, and it's not intuitive to most.

Still, kudos, as at least you tried (although you only got them to kick into "protect from apostacy" mode, what you called "tilt")....

Adam

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi JunkYardDog, If you asked the JWs simple questions in a respectfully manner, I applaud your reverse witnessing efforts. I would not like be lied to either, so I can understand respectfully confronting JWs when they lied to you.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• clarity
    clarity

Hey JunkYard ....AAA+ for effort!

>

Who can tell just what these guys will do from hearing this info!

>

I love your passion, and that may be just the key with one or

both of them!

>

All the best

clarity

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Did they look like these guys?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Damn ADAMAH,

You know this how? What do you suggest.....walking by!?

What is it with people here that think heir opinioN matters or is being asked for, called for. When people post a thread here, it isnt an invite for your opinion. Especially with such an arsey attitude.

You miserable negative moaners don't know how this will have helped those JW's so stop pretending you do. Do you think we all dont know how JW's think and dismiss shit? Jesus! We know!!!!

i know people hate this setence but JW's believe there is an open door to tell everyone what they are wrong about , their wrong choices and desicins and sometimes, just sometimes such behavior prevails here....

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Wow, well done you for trying to intimidate 2 old people! You should be proud. I imagine they listened intently as you waffled on about NGOs etc.

Idiot.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I tell him the wts was a member of the U.N. . I ask him to look it up for him self.

Unfortunately, you can share a thousand truths with JWs, but if there's the slightest inaccuracy in even one of them that's all they'll pick up on and they'll ignore the rest.

W

• scary21
    scary21

You just spoke the truth ! Great job

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s will Lie to Anyone..

They don`t Expect to be Caught with..

Their Pants Down..

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/12073862/2/stock-photo-12073862-nerdy-businessman-caught-with-his-pants-down.jpg

.....................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit