Our Kingdom Ministry has a Bar Code?!!

by VM44 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

notjustyet:

Your probably right, the WTBTS is not known for doing cra cra stuff.

They're absolutely known for doing crazy things. But not particularly sophisticated crazy things.

The fact is, the QR codes are not unique, and they don't provide any special information to the host that they wouldn't get from a person visiting the site by typing in the address manually.

• Barrold Bonds
  • notjustyet
    notjustyet

Jeffro,

Hate to beat a dead horse, but that is not how I'm saying it would work.

A simplified example just to explain it would be to create and print a separate QR code for each circuit. They all point to the same URL, just are graphically different in looks, okay.

So the WTBTS makes a copy of each different QR code and the circuit that it went to and puts that info in a master file.

Then at some later time one of their cronies that surfs the ex jw sites sees a qr code on a scanned KM or whatever the magazine, they save that pic of the qr code that was on the ex jw site and compare it to the qr codes in the master file to see what circuit the leaker was assigned.

I know it is a stretch that they would even do this, but just wanted to clarify what I meant when I made the post. Nothing to do with the actual gathering of info from the device accessing the site using the qr code.

NJY

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Would it not be funny if one of the guys in the branches would change the QR-code so that people using it come on thise site? :D

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

notjustyet:

A simplified example just to explain it would be to create and print a separate QR code for each circuit. They all point to the same URL, just are graphically different in looks, okay.

Ain't happening, and it's not worth the effort. Changing the pattern of the squares would result in a different URL, and QR readers show the URL. It is not technically possible to generate a unique QR code for every JW 'circuit' worldwide and still have all of them result in the same URL. It is possible to impose an image (e.g. a watermark) in QR codes without affecting the URL, but that also would be obvious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit