Suffering

by Realist 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Solace
    Solace

Realist,
    The events that I have experienced in my life have had a great impact on my belief in the bible and disbelief in religous organizations. How the bible has helped me endure those experiences is my own personal evidence.
    You will have to find your own evidence for whatever you choose or need to believe.
    I said that I believe the bible. I also said that I would not tell anyone else what to believe. When I left the W.T.S, I also left my evangelizing days behind.

Seven,
    That is very considerate of you. I would never want anyone to retract one of their comments though. It was how you felt at the time. I really just wanted to add a different point of view.
    No offence taken.

• Realist
    Realist

@heaven:

i red the old testament and find it repulsive and bogus. the new testament however presents a very appealing ethic and i can understand that you find comfort in these texts.
    i hope you keep faith in jesus despite what scientists say as long as it makes you happy! :)

• Bang
    Bang

Were Adam and Eve responsible for all types of suffering?
    Where is that written?

Bang

• LucidSky
    LucidSky
    brief question: if the sin committed by adam and eve is responsible for suffering how can one explain the fact that animals died long before that event? or are animals not considered to suffer?

Realist: Those are exactly the types of questions that caused me to become agnostic! As a JW, I tended to dismiss animals and their death and suffering. Once I left, I couldn't reconcile how a perfect moral God would create a world that harms morally innocent creatures (and this was before sin entered the world). I developed several explanatory theories regarding pre-human animal death, but the theories never seemed natural.

Really, what seperates us from animals? Self-awareness? Bah. That word is far too nebulous. Without civilization humans would simply be highly intelligent primates.

• Solace
    Solace

Realist,
    I agree that some of the bible seems morbid etc.
    I think some of the bible is symbolic and not to be taken literal.
    I also find that some scriptures contradict others.
    Being new, you may not know much about me since you may not have read many of my posts.
    You see, examining the bible itself is what helped free me from the W.T.S. and gave me a completely new and postive outlook on life. If I wouldnt have found actual scriptual proof that the watchtower was false, I would still be miserable. Believing that everyone except witnesses were going to be killed in armageddon made my life pure hell. Especially since this would have also included my husband and children, they are all baptized Catholic. I do believe some bibles are not accurate. If you would like to know more, you can read my first post on this thread.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=25998&site=3&page=1

• Solace
    Solace

I suppose I could post a few words on the actual topic, huh?

I thought the bible says that animals and plants were put here for humans and should not be considered on the same level.
    Like for food etc.?.

• SYN
    SYN

Heaven: You call it steak, I call it murder.

Seven006: "Have you tried drugs? Shooting up a little heroin might do the trick, it's hard to type when your stoned out of your mind. I don't know how TR does it!"

• Solace
    Solace

Syn,
    How are ya'?
    I agree,
    Im not into the whole raw meat thing either.
    Its not easy though, living with such an avid hunter.
    I cant understand how he can kill such beautiful creatures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit