Lotus

by getingout 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Liberty
    Liberty

Hi Getingout,

I am very skeptical of people who come here stating that they are faithful-100%-for-the-Watchtower-Society JWs because such a hardcore person wouldn't even stay here for a few moments after finding out it is a free and unregulated site. I know, because when I was a believer I stayed away from anything that might "endanger" my "spirituality" as a JW. It was only after I began to have doubts that I allowed myself the pleasure of freely studying and researching sources not officially sanctioned by the Watchtower Society. I left long before there was an internet but I know I would have never disregarded the Society's warnings against it while I was trying to remain in "good standing". I never saw "The Exorcist" when it came out because the Society said we shouldn't and I never saw it until I was an Ex-JW.

So if someone says ,"hey, I'm a JW but I'm having doubts and wanted to know the answers to....." then I'm more sympathetic because such a person might really be here honestly seeking information. They could still be a fake but at least this is a more believable fake than, "I am a faithful JW with no doubts...". Duh, if you are a faithful Witness with no doubts then I have to ask myself, "Why are you here then?"

I am also skeptical of folks who say things like, "every JW congregation is diverse enough to teach different things about 1975 etc.", because, as someone who was there, I know this to be untrue. Especially so since the Watchtower Society is fanatical about unity and submission to their rules and does not allow this level of diversity among congregations on issues this big. So yeah, I wonder, "could this person really be a JW if they don't know this?".

If Lotus is a real JW I'll be happy to talk to them in a friendly manner. I'll know if they are a fake after a few conversations anyway because most people aren't very good at faking JW brainwashing. If I'm fooled then I'm fooled but I hope I'm not too easy because I totally disregarded my BS meter.

As to "hating Jehovah" this just isn't possible for me because I don't believe He exists so how can I hate Him? If you have some evidence which proves He is real then I'm happy to listen and debate it but otherwise I'm not sure what you're raving about. Every web site has some A**holes and some nice folks and lots of people in between but that's got nothing to do with whether you're an Ex-JW or not, that's just people in general. You really won't debate here because you are afraid of what you'll find and not because we are all mean. AF isn't mean, Amazing isn't mean, Marilyn isn't mean and the list goes on and on. These are rational folks who ring true in their experiences, not a bunch of demonized apostate monsters.

• Dawn
    Dawn
    I am very skeptical of people who come here stating that they are faithful-100%-for-the-Watchtower-Society JWs because such a hardcore person wouldn't even stay here for a few moments after finding out it is a free and unregulated site

Right on Liberty - I agree with you on this point - I also would never read "apostate" postings or literature while I was still a JW. You definately have a point!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Ah, Gettingout ...... its so sweet. You're in love with Beck aren't you? Well, if you've done as much reading on this Board as you claim, I guess you know you will have to fight a couple of other people for her!

• getingout
    getingout

Liberty said ...". Duh, if you are a faithful Witness with no doubts then I have to ask myself, "Why are you here then?"

Dawn says: Right on Liberty - I agree with you on this point - I also would never read "apostate" postings or literature while I was still a JW. You definately have a point!

I said:
    I am leaving from the org too

Duh next time pay attention to what you read idiots! Thanks for proving another point. LOL. I'm outta here I'm not going to waste anymore time with you idiots LOL...

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Getingout,

You failed to address my question as to whether you also condone and/or engage in the child abuse and exploitation that is rampant in the JW cult, but put plenty of effort into disparaging others here. Is your failure to respond attributable to a lack of self-confidence or is it indicative of your tacit approval of child abuse and exploitation?

As for your characterization of others here as "idiots," maybe you should learn proper spelling and grammar before you criticize the intellect of others. You present yourself as just another dummy who adhered to the Society's admonitions against higher education.

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

hmmmm! beck!!! what the hell u done, to get abused like that?

me i know what i done to get abused like that!!!!

i got born as a fag!

now mostly i do not feel superior to anyone, but after reading gettingout's post, i feel slightly superior!!

do you think i am losing my humility?????

but, he does sort of demonstrate that jws have more in common with islamic taliban, than they do with western civilisation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit