April 19,1995-May we never forget

by Cowboy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

April 19 is the seventh anniversary of the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.In the light of the more recent tragedies in New York City and Washington,D.C.,this is just a reminder that the survivors of this tragedy are still recovering,and still mourning the loss of their loved ones.Please,take a moment to remember them in your thoughts.

If you ever have the opportunity to visit the OKC National Memorial,please do so...You will come away with a whole new appreciation for life,and how truly fragile it is.

Always,
    David

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

(((((((((( ))))))))))))

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((((Cowboy)))))))

I remember the first time I saw the Murrah Memorial. It was last summer. One of my appointments cancelled and I suddenly had a few free hours. It was the most beautiful/horrific/moving/tragic/inspirational things I've ever seen. I couldn't NOT cry.

I remember what I was wearing the day I heard about OKC. I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. Very strange how those details stick in your head.

Hope you are doing well!

Andi

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

(((((((((( Cowboy ))))))))))))

I know how much pain this brought upon you and your family. To lose someone to death is a terrible, terrible thing. To have that life stripped away from you because of an act of senseless violence that pain is magnified times a hundred.

May you and your family have some semblance of peace and please know that you are loved.

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Cowboy,

I have seen the memorial from the bombing. My cousin also went to see it. She corresponds with a mom that lost her two children that happened to have the same name as my cousins two children.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

((((((((((Beetle,Andi,Cassi))))))))))Thanks for your support.

Always,
    Cowboy

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

((((cowboy)))) lots of love to you and yours.

inside the future of a shattered past

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

How can we ever forget, what a tragic thing to happen, please just to let you know you are in my thoughts at this time. I still remember that day as if it was yesterday. I have not had opportunity to see the memorial, but I can only imagine the impact it would have on anyone. Much love to you and your family at this time.

• noidea
    noidea

{{{{Cowboy}}}}..

I had not realized that you had made this post. I was thinking of you today and started a thread because many here may not know that this affected you and your family personally.

My thoughts and prayers are with You and your Family.

• blindfool
    blindfool

Thinking about you and your family Cowboy.
    Lots of good thoughts and prayers being sent your way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit