Most Frightening Door to Door Experience

by Kenneson 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

In my hometown, this other Witness and I were
    going from door to door one day when we reached one particular house.
    The householder became so agitated by the presence of Jws
    that he "sicked" his dog on us, but thank God it had a muzzle
    and was unable to bite us. Not satisfied with that, he called the town cop who came over to talk to us, but after questioning us did not stop us.
    That was the most frightening experience in field service that
    I ever had. I'm sure there are better ones. Would anyone
    like to share?

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

Mine is a more general thing. It was running into people who would ask about 1914 and the chronology, or ask me who compiled our bible.

Shelly
    Former victim and recovering wonderfully from a broken spirit
    Smile, because we all have been freed from slavery!!

• Scully
    Scully

When I was about 10, I was going in service with my dad. A man answered the door and before I could even begin my presentation, he started yelling at us and told me that if I ever called on his house again, he would be getting out his gun.

Five years later, he was one of my high school teachers, and he couldn't figure out why I wanted to be switched to another class.

Love, Scully

• spender
    spender

My mom went to one door, and the lady opened up her door and let out her 17 dogs. I was sitting in the car at the time and watched them tear up my mom's stockings.

On a more humorous note, we visited one door, knocked...we heard a knock back. We knocked two times, they knocked two times back. We knocked one final time, and they knocked back yet again. We figured they didn't want to talk and left It was an elder btw that I was at the door with who was doing the knocking..haha

• sonoita
    sonoita

I was a teenager, two old toothless ladies chased me
    from their doorstep. They were so mad they were actually
    foaming at the mouth and speaking gibberish (tongues)

• spender
    spender

nah...you would be foaming at the mouth and speaking gibberish too if you were old and had no teeth.

• sonoita
    sonoita

Maybe I just wasn't listening, they were inviting me
    in for coffee...haha

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

My most frightening door to door experience?

Going to the meeting for field service. God I hated that! Because I knew I'd have to go knock on doors pushing religion and talking to people who didn't want me there. I didn't want to be there more than they didn't want me there.

There was always something inside me that said, "Doug, going door to door and talking to people about such an intensely personal issue as religion is beneath you. Hell, it's beneath everybody."

I'm thankful that my gut finally won out.

I'm NEVER going back. (Damn, even writing this gives me nightmares!)

FreePeace
    "The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest
    Who Am I? -How to Reinvent Yourself After Leaving the WTS

• Carmel
    Carmel

I remember one time I went to a door in Port Angeles, Wa. and a rather portly middle aged man answered the knock with a double barrel shotgun. He never pointed it directly at us but yelled at us about being communists and other explicitives. We made it back to the Hudson in about five strides and didn't bother to shake the dust off our feet! I don't think I ever went door-to-door after that.

carmel

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I was about 19 years old and pioneering. Behind on my hours I decided to do some late afternoon door to door by myself. I went up to the porch of an older frame house with a wood framed screen door. The main door was open. As I knocked on the door a very attractive black woman was walking toward the door from the shadows inside. As she got closer, I could see that her robe was completely open in the front exposing are tremendous specimen of womanhood. As I began to stumble through my litany of JW bullshit, she invited me to come in. I declined and remained on the porch, but was afraid I was going to punch a hole in her screen door. After almost 30 years I still have the mental image of the event and now wish I had gone into her house. Who knows, it could have resulted in a book study, or at least a return visit.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son." Dean Vernon Wormer, Faber College

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit