This is what I get when you swear!

by Beck_Melbourne 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

HTTP error 403
    403 Forbidden by proxy

Access to this web page has been denied.

This web site or page has been found to contain offensive material.

For further information or queries, please contact .....

*sigh*

Anyone else have this problem?? Is there a way I can set internet explorer to replace certain words my system is sensitive to with ***

I don't have this problem at home...only at work...can't even type the word 'sh*t' and the system locks me out

Beck

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

It sounds like your system administrator is using a content advisor. He/she probably has a group policy set for everyone
    Bummer ;)

Lizard

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Ya and he probably gets alerts everytime you get one of those hahhahhaha

Ven

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Trust me...you can set it up to do the "alert thing" ;)

Lizard

• LB
    LB

My goodness, you are the potty mouth aren't you?

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• spender
    spender

you can also get around that by setting the proxy for your browser to another server that tunnels your requests through SSL. What they can't see they can't monitor ;)

I've run some of these for my younger brother, whose school blocks stuff like AIM.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Thanks Lizard

We have 27,000 employees...once access is denied...end of story..no alerts....too many users.

The denied access is more of a nuisance then anything. Isn't there something I could do to 'trick' the system?? Wishful thinking?

Beck

• spender
    spender

I believe the method I described is the only way to trick it. It's the only way that your company can't see what you're doing (since you're encrypting the information), while allowing you to browse the web as usual.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Thanks Spender..that's the trick I was after.

Now all I have to do is eat a popsicle in front of an IT guru (bloke preferably) who can do it for me

Beck

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Oh Beck, I didn't get that "eat a popcycle" bit at first. Then a light came on and oh, do I get it! Ha, ha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit