tell me not to cry...

by losingit 26 Replies latest jw friends

• losingit
    losingit

After more than a month of not attending the meetings, my girls will be returning to the meeting tomorrow. Their father is taking them. I was so happy because my girls were free from the boredom, drudgery and mind control inflicted upon those that attend. We enjoyed our summer thoroughly, associating with neighborhood kids, friends, and family. They even expressed to me that they no longerwanted to attend the midweek meeting because they preferred to get their homework done and relax at.home. Even when he had them over the summer he didn't take them at all.

What worries me is that even though my girls were free, my little one still brought up the JW Armageddon teaching, thay. only good Jws will survive. So many times over the summer I had to reassure her that Jehovah is a loving God and that there is no way that he would destroy good people that care for ithers. She asks me, "but mami! These good people are bad!" Her poor mind is being submitted to nonsense. I must repeat, repeat, and repeat... reason, reason, reason. My little one on another occasion asked me what happens to the mamis who are not jws of jw kids. Clearly, she is worried! And yet again, on another occasion she ssked me when I was going to come out of "time out" ... this is how I explained the concept to this little one about being disfellowshipped. I told her that it would be wuite some time, but that sh did not have to worry because Mami is makng sure that she still gets to play with new friends.

• losingit
    losingit

So, I dont know what to do. Tomorrow they go to the meeting. And I am tempted to go because I want to hear the bs they will be hearing to counteract it at home. But I do not want to submit myself to the abuse imposed n disfellowshipped ones. It makes me sick. I can't do it.

AAll I know is that next weekend when they are with me, that we will be having carefree fun free from WT nonsense.

• Comatose
    Comatose

So sorry about this. Hang in there please. Hugs. You are doing great in reasoning with them. In time it WILL pay off. Keep up the good work. Hang in there and keep expressing yourself on here. Love.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You are doing all the right things and children have a way of sorting things out for themselves. Continue to provide a positive example.

Here's a book that might help, Teach Your Child How To Think by Bono.

• hollowheart
    hollowheart

hi there,

Crying is our coping mechanism, dont feel bad.

I am 30 years old and was removed from the congregation at 17, i fell in love with a "worldly person". The worldly person dumped me in the end.

What i want to say is the last 13 years have been a life of contemplating suicide daily, breaking peoples hearts and breaking my own...living in dark rooms with candles on contemplating my death at armaggedon and longing for the warmth of the congregation....or control. being in relationships and drivn to tears at christmas or birthdays....destroying my own good fortune as whats the point? i am going to die at armaggedon possibly tomorrow.....waking up in hospital, lonely and cold....then explaining to psychiatrists who sit looking out of their depth when revelation is mentioned.............

Lat year i read crisisof concience by raymond franz shattering my view of the "truth". so where am i now? i lostmy youth of cracked ribs through bullying, being taken to knock doors at birth, crying later on with my nerves when my parents put a postit note on the magazines so i know what to say when the door opens on the ministry......crying at my peers tormenting me JOVO!! JOVO!!

Now where am i? no longer part of the world, no longer part of "truth" .....Just bleeding everyday, mourning those i love and miss so dearly, those who cross the road when they see me...those who are .......my family...

Do you want your young ones like this x

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Hey losingit.

Hang in there!!

I personally would continue teaching the little ones some critical thinking skills like you have done. Does it make sense that a God would kill all those innocent little children who have not heard about him?

Teaching them to think about things, asking them what do they think, not what have you been told to think is key. I know it must hurt to be where you are, but at least now you have a chance on getting them out VS where you used to be before you learned TTATT.

Water and nurture their thinking skills early on as to learn HOW to think and not WHAT to think.

Their is not a more noble fight to lead than to get your children out of a cult.

Also document when they said what if you can, You never know when it might become handy in the future.

NJY

• jgnat
    jgnat

About sending them off to the meeting, I think if you don't make a big deal of it, you can keep them from being too distressed about it. You might bling up a notebook for them, and get fancy markers. They can write or draw whatever they want in the notebooks (which is good), and it will help them stay occupied.

Sharpie

Sling Bag

• Comatose
    Comatose

Hi hollowheart. I see you are a new poster and your first post was here. I wanted to welcome you. Glad to have you. A lot of us have been through bad times. Some worse than others. I would like to encourage you to start a new topic with the same info or more that you posted here. Title it -New Member.

this way everyone can meet you and welcome you.

• losingit
    losingit

I like that idea NJY of documenting what they say.

Whats most interesting to me is that my soon to be ex and I had non-stop conversations where we reasoned through the nonsense that was taught at themeetings. We both agreed that there isno way that Jehovah would destroy all those that are non-JWS. And when i ask him to please reason with our two girls about this teaching, he tells me that he isgoing to teach them what the Bible (the Society) teaches. Then he tells me that he doesn't want to talk religion with me. I politely but firmly disagreed. Since rekigion is a worldview , it shapes ho they see others and what activities they will be involved in, then we must talk about religion and what the girls are being taught.He is ttrying to get reinstated, btw whereas it is pretty clear that I hve abandoned that attempt. I just dont want my girls submitted to this garbage! It's just too much! I guess I will have to listen to the meeting at home so as to chip away at what they heard....

• franticfran
    franticfran

Hello hollowheart,I was exactly where you are now a year ago and then I found the courage to visit this forum,I have made a realy good friend and I got so much support and encouragement from so many members,comatose is right,come on in and meet us,and I promise you it will get easier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit