The Governing Body Are Like Sea Captains On The Titanic Encouraging Passengers Not To Get In The Life Boats Till It Sinks

by frankiespeakin 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think that about says it all. They are in serious denial over all the evidence that the ship/Organization is going down in the sea of the ocean of information hit by the internet iceberg. They want to milk the rank and file from as much($&Labor) as they can get from them before the ship sinks into notorious oblivian.

We should expect this mentality to lead them into desperate measures lacking all sense just as Hitler faced his last days directing his generals into deadly manuvers dispite their objections. A desperate man driven by fear and in denial rushing headlong into defeat so obvious, some high ranking military men tried to kill him but failed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler

Following the allied invasion of Sicily in 1943, Mussolini was removed from power by Victor Emmanuel III after a vote of no confidence of the Grand Council. MarshalPietro Badoglio, placed in charge of the government, soon surrendered to the Allies. [266] Throughout 1943 and 1944, the Soviet Union steadily forced Hitler's armies into retreat along the Eastern Front. On 6 June 1944 the Western Allied armies landed in northern France in what was one of the largest amphibious operations in history, Operation Overlord. [267] As a result of these significant setbacks for the German army, many of its officers concluded that defeat was inevitable and that Hitler's misjudgement or denial would drag out the war and result in the complete destruction of the country. [268]

Between 1939 and 1945, there were many plans to assassinate Hitler, some of which proceeded to significant degrees. [269] The most well known came from within Germany and was at least partly driven by the increasing prospect of a German defeat in the war. [270] In July 1944, in the 20 July plot, part of Operation Valkyrie, Claus von Stauffenberg planted a bomb in one of Hitler's headquarters , the Wolf's Lair atRastenburg. Hitler narrowly survived because someone unknowingly pushed the briefcase containing the bomb behind a leg of the heavy conference table. When the bomb exploded, the table deflected much of the blast away from Hitler. Later, Hitler ordered savage reprisals resulting in the execution of more than 4,900 people. [271]

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

They are rockstars. They are going to live in a 500 million dollar palace. Good on you....

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Let's not get overly dramatic here. We have to remember that the Jehovah's Witnesses are a flash in a very small pan.

And you should not underestimate the power of mind control the organization exerts. The greatest threat to the Society is, frankly, its awful eschatology and scriptural exegeses. It would be VERY difficult, if not impossible, to convert people who knew anything about biblical eschatology and even basic scriptural interpretation.

Armageddon, for example, is a deathblow to the so-called "bible scholars" of the Watchtower Society. Individual members who know and have read about Armageddon in its proper context know that the battle will be fought, not in Bethel and not in the Western Hemisphere, but in Jerusalem. This battle is designed specifically to bring the Jews to Christ. One reason the Jews rejected Jesus was that they were looking for a military savior, not a spiritual savior. Their messianic expectations were to be rescued from a power of a despotic leader of great power...like Rome. Thus, when three Roman legions converged on the holy city, the Jews expected their messiah to appear and save them. (After all, it was prophesied by many of their prophets, like Isaiah, Ezekiel, Zechariah and Malachi.) And they would have been right had they picked the right time and the right enemy. But nearly all Christians know about this and have written about it. But the GB has decreed that the Society's members would be in a state of apostasy if they read literature by other Christian sects. So the JW membership live in ignorance reading, not the Bible, but articles about the Bible; and stilted articles at that.

To faithful members of the Society I say, just read what the Bible says about Armageddon and see if the GB's interpretation makes sense. What the GB does to remain in power is to put themselves into the same category as the ancient apostles, then they have the membership read and discuss the publications of the church. Those publications use an unusual, but effective, mind control device. First, it asks a seemingly innocent rhetorical question, then it provides an answer from the Bible. "Where and when will the battle of Armageddon be fought? The Bible provides the answer. It will be fought all over the world and seek the destruction of Jehovah's people." And that's why we have former members on this board who still think Armageddon is what the Society told them it was!

It's one reason that no one takes the JWs seriously, not that the Society cares. But as more members begin to pursue higher education (against the GB's wishes), you can expect more of an exodus. But the religion really is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

• prologos
    prologos

When a ship is TACKING erraticly and starts floundering, there are perils in getting safely overboard.

the fact is though, the water is welcoming, the ship HMS WT dangerous.

• frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

To prolong the survival of God Almighty's Earthly Organization(a shared and indoctrinated delusion) The Governing Body is willing to use a term they coined "Theocratic Warfare" and all is fair in Love and War as the saying goes. They as Captians of this supposedly sea worthy vessel called many names; God's Organization, The Watchtower Corporation, Faithful Slaved directed so and so, Mother, whatever they cam think of, all superlatives to ingender worshipfull obediences to a murderous Deity the main sock puppet of the Organization, "Jehovah", who pretty much says what every the Governing Body want him to say in suport of their policies.

This spells trouble for the imaginary spiritual paradise created in the minds of indoctrinated as a picture what life is like under obedient control of the Corporation, and this is just a fore gleam of a furture literal paradise like the garden of eden where ignorance is bliss that awaits the faithful corporation lacky.

So will the captains of delusion ever admit defeat and tell the rank and file it is all a delusion? Not while they are in denial they won't, so they are all ship Captains in denial of the worst kind and they are good at minimizing casualties! Their main goal is don't loose the Corporation's assets which is free labor and donations from the rank and file members who have a duty to protect God's organization with their life if neccesarry.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Their lopsided Captionship is every man can go down with the ship when it sinks because I'm not going down with the ship I got a golden parachute waiting for me in ssome tropical paradise piking fresh fruit I grew myself or perhaps some gardener Bethelite.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Sea Captains?? I dunno'....

More Like Sea Urchins!

But i digress....

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Narc,

You're probably right or more closer to the truth,,, but just go with it for a while.

Captians only in the sense they have taken over peoples mind with a worthless delusion using fear of the Deity to comand respect and obedience to Corporation directives.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A good analogy Frankie ! A good number it seems went down with the Titanic still believing it to be unsinkable, die-hard believers indeed !

What, I wonder, will actually be the WT/JW Scam's actual Iceburg ?

I don't believe they have actually hit it yet, but there are a number floating right in front of them, they need to change course damn quick to avoid them.

The Paedophile scandal is a biggie, and if that were to be coupled with a provable financial scandal that would be a huge crunch as they hit it, and the icy waters would start to flow in quickly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit