GB planning their RAPTURE???

by bytheirworks 20 Replies latest jw friends

• bytheirworks
    bytheirworks

With all this building in a secluded area...

Is it possible that the GB could be planning their RAPTURE?

Hear me out. They have long taught that "in a twinkling of an eye" the GB would disappear.

This would "signal" the start of the great tribulation.

So their vanishing act would be perceived by the rank and file as this is "REALLY" the end.

However, instead of a disappering into heaven to be with Christ...

could they be caught away to the Cayman Islands under different identities... with millions????

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I do not think so.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I can't see that happening. I can see them committing suicide when the child abuse cases cripple the org. I see them weeping and gnashing their teeth. I hope they turn around.

It is interesting that last years nu-light shows that JW believe in the rapture, even if they don't realize it.

• trujw
    trujw

I think there gonna keep on keeping on. Hey it's worked for 135 years. There's no business like the cult business.

• Listener
    Listener

It would be easy enough to do, just send out their own Watrchtower branded red cordial for the memorial.

There is now only 8 officially recognized anointed ones I would be surprised if anyone missed them.

• bytheirworks
    bytheirworks

No I'm not saying they would commit suicide.

I'm saying they would FAKE their deaths.

• rmt1
    rmt1

Planning their retirement.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

More chance of them experiencing a rupture than a rapture, though neither would be pleasant.... And what kind of human waits with zeal for either?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

bytheirworks, the Governing Body are authoritarian leaders. Without the Organization, they have nothing to lead, therefore without the Organization, they are nothing. They'll ride the WT horse until it's dead and six feet under and bury themselves with it rather than bail.

Not to mention that your scenario implies that the GB actually consider it all bullshit, and what's more, acknowledge that fact openly amongst themselves.

All the reliable insider info we have, however, strongly suggests that the GB are full-on True Believers (or keep any doubts private and top secret), not to mention that staging something like that isn't really their style; there's too much af a chance that something would go wrong and they'd lose face.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I fully believe it is the lawyers that really run the workings at the WTBTS and influence the GB heavily using fear tactics like the word "potential lawsuit" etc. Buy new propertyand spread ut the liability, VERY spread out . I saw a list once of all the corperations the WT has. It's a lot. The more spread oout the wealth, the less anyone can sue for under any one specific corperation.

I reallly think it's all about reducing legal risk. That seems to be the reason behoind so many things they do don't you think? Blood fractinons come to mind, and there is a country, scandinavia I forgot where, that the JW are taught whole blood transfusions are a matter of concience and by law the WT is not allowed to punish someone for getting one.

I also believe the lawyers are the ones milking this cash cow of the WTBTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit