The reason why Jehovah's Witnesses are not false prophets

by 70wksfyrs 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caliber
    caliber

you still have 9 other good fingers... don't be a whiner!!!

Matters on which corrections of viewpoint have been needed have been relatively minor when compared with the vital Bible truths that they have discerned and publicized.

70 0r 80 years is a minor change

• heathen
    heathen

complete BS , this is just some lame attempt again at trying to save face . Rutherford lied with millions now living he proclaimed to prophesy whenever he said that , if they aren't playing prophet then why don't they admit before they say something that it is an opinion? Revelation shows the 2 witnesses ,"prophesying", of which they claim was the magazines from the watch tower . Since interpretation belongs to GOD I woud assume one that interpreted the meanings of revelations is claiming to speak for GOD thus making them a prophet . That's the main reason I can't stand them is because whenever they are wrong they won't admit a lie or being false but all this mumbo jumbo of being imperfect men and adding the disclaimer of never actually saying out right they are playing prophet.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well how come they keep calling their Corporation God's Organization and God's agents or spokesman if they are not his prophets? They can't have it both ways.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This article shows the delusional nature of the Governing Body and the methods they use to stay in this state:

Compartmentalization, Leaps in logic, and comparing apples with oranges. The claims they make about the need to be loyal to God's Organization(Wt Corporation), the need to always obey the Governing Body who claim to be some sort of faithful slave of God. The strict rules they make with all the authority of God himself, and then they compartmentalize these ideas away from the idea of any responciblity to accurately predict future events they have prophesized to happen, calling them God's dates or saying that when these things come true then everyone will know their was a prophet in their midst.

Deep down at a subconscious level they know they are phoneys and it is going to bite real hard them in the ass eventually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartmentalization_(psychology)

Compartmentalization allows these conflicting ideas to co-exist by inhibiting direct or explicit acknowledgement and interaction between separate compartmentalized self states

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

There is also the false premise that " Jehovah", " Mortal Soul ", " No trinity ", and " No hell " are PROVEN and UNIQUE to the JW's.

Yes, we have had wrong expectations, even wrong dates, but we have remained alert! We have continually published our feelings and interpretations on scripture as coming from GOD for 100+ years! All the while claiming to be uninspired and fallible while DF'ing all who oppose our unique beliefs! These occurences have been relatively minor.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Did the Apostles make mistakes? yes. Did they make you agree with them? and disfellowship you if you disagreed? Did they print books on their theories, distribute them, make book study groups, and make people answer questions from the paragraphs that they made up and "ooops, later had to change?" Nope. Nope, nope, nope.

• label licker
    label licker

Um, it use to be you would be df'd for disagreeing but now you get df'd just for asking a question on their interpretation of the new light. I know for it happened to hubby! Cult! Cult! Cult!

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

Thank you so much everyone...you certainly all let the facts speak for themselves. As a non-believer still going to meetings this thread has really helped me put up with the nonsense meetings. I definitely like the post about what have the questions got to do with it? Good point totally sidestepping the issue. JW's are false prophets. The idiot MS that did the item compared a ministry school slip with a fiver. He said this is not a false fiver because it's not pretending to be a fiver, as we are not pretending to be prophets, I wanted to shout out...... THAT'S NONSENSE REASONING THE BIBLE DEFINITION OF A PROPHET IS SOMEONE TELLING WHAT GOD WILL DO IN THE FUTURE ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happily I did not, thank you all so much for your entertaining posts and helping me through my transition now I know TTATT. 70wks....

• heathen
    heathen

BTW - there is immortality of the soul in the bible but it's not the same as what the mainstream believes . The GC never die so that's immortality of the soul ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit