We are (not) representatives of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society

by VM44 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

I suspect that there are just too many plain stupid people among the Witness crowd who think that they will gain notoriety in their home congregations if something happens to them because of an incident out in the ministry, and a big-shot lawyer comes running to their home town, all the way from God's house, to assist them and legally defend the good news. Dog bite? Call headquarters. Punch in the face? Call headquarters. Police kick you out of a gated subdivision? Etc, etc, etc.

the r&f are mostly stupid, naive and a strong emphasis on bold. Great combination...

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Good one Splash

However if you don't do the ten hours per month you will soon get a man or maybe two men on your door insisting the Circuit Overseer will soon be visiting the congregation & there could be consequences as you haven't reported any time for the month.

I know it happened to my father & he told them that as it sounded like a threat he was finished with the JW's after over 50 years with them.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

That sounds like an employment contract to me; alot of back FICA tax, Unemployement, Workers comp, penalty, and interest, ect.

In california you could probably file a workers comp claim if a dog ripped your face off, or you broke your ankle running from an irrate homeowner.

• steve2
    steve2

Stillin - valid observations about many JWs - even the Watchtower realizes they are something of a liability! While the Watch tower expects virtual unquestioning obedience, it does not want to be held accountable for individual witnesses' acts of ignorance and/or stupidity.

• Mum
    Mum

To paraphrase Mark Twain, with ignorance and confidence, success is sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit