Sun newspaper writes about Witness paedophile scandal

by jhine 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Journo's are famously lazy, so if writing to them it is good to give them links as you have done jhine, and also give 'em a headline if they want to use it:

"Jehovah's Witness religion a Paedophiles Paradise !"

• besty
    besty

@steve2

However, the Sun is not what I would consider a "well respected" newspaper: it tends to go for the lowest common denominator with an emphasis on sensationalism (with its screaming front page headlines) and titillation

I am willing to trade quality for quantity - The Sun is what it is and is read by 7m UK adults. I am equally to happy to see JW exposes in the Daily Mail - a trash rag I truly despise. At least The Sun has a sense of humour.

One thing I am unclear on is whether these JW paedophile stories are making it into the print editions or are online only.

• jhine
    jhine

the story I outlined made it to print.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The TIMES is read by the people who run the country.

The DAILY MAIL is read by people who want to run the country.

The SUN is read by people who don't care who runs the country, as long as they have big boobies.

• besty
    besty

*The DAILY MAIL is read by people racist fascists who want to run the country until Hitler gets back.

• steve2
    steve2
    I am willing to trade quality for quantity - The Sun is what it is and is read by 7m UK adults. I am equally to happy to see JW exposes in the Daily Mail - a trash rag I truly despise. At least The Sun has a sense of humour.

Fair enough, besty, although JWs have been known to be much more likely to dismiss as untrue anything unflattering about them in "trashier" papers (but of course, they'll treasure any coverage in the same papers about their wonderful conventions).

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

if only they would have written that article next to page 3

• jhine
    jhine

lets hope that IF someone does take up my recomendation of looking more closely at this issue they do not read this thread , though I suppose that journalists are used to being insulted . !!?

How about others following my lead and getting in touch with the Independant group about this subject , it might get their attention if they get a few people pointing out the scandal / human interest / bashing religion aspects of this .

• St George of England
    St George of England
    if only they would have written that article next to page 3

You would have felt a right tit standing in Tesco's reading that.

George

• bigmac
    bigmac

but--a reality check--most UK Sun readers probably havent a tits-clue what a paedophile is---and are even less interested in the fact he was a JW.

and UK JW's reading the Sun--?--i doubt it.

so--all in all--a waste of news print.

this is why most newspapers--and TV programmes--- aint interested.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit