Does Jehovah and Santa Claus share some personality traits?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 9 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

If you are very, very good... you are promised a big reward.

If you are bad, nope, you don't get a thing.

AND they both work mysteriously and invisibly.

What are your thoughts?

Just Lois ( and I am giving myself some flowers... because I like flowers. lol )

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

Both have white beards (see Revelation its grand climax)

• prologos
    prologos

you better watch out Santa Claus or the other bearded ONE is coming to Town- Megiddo or

Armageddon, at the judgement day.

• label licker
    label licker

You better watch out, you better not pout, you better not cry, I'm tellin you why, elders are coming to town.

They know when you've been happy, they know when you've been sad, they know when you've been naughty and they know when you've been bad

You better watch out, you better not pout, you better not cry cause I'm tellin you why

Elders are coming to town

Sorry LoisLane, Prologos started it

• new22day
    new22day

Santa Claus is a really nice guy actually -- he gives kids presents and stuff and hey, if you eff up real bad, there's always next year (plus it's your parents giving you the coals not Santa, and good parents wouldn't you make you feel quilty for effing up from time to time).

Jehovah on the other hand, now that sonovabitch is gonna make you pay. You'll never know if you've been naughty or nice or when you crossed the line with him and if you do, yikes! He will kill you, your friends, your neighbours and even soft kitty cats, cuz that's just how he roles. He's a way better role model for kids. lol

• prologos
    prologos

Yeah, and he JAH/WT/FD&SC is changing doctrine, the truth, the rules all the time, so there is no way to avoid the brush, the stick he is carrying.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At least the worst you can get with Santa Claus is coal in your stocking. Children are not scared into submission with gruesome violence, nor are they supposed to worry continually about measuring up with Santa.

Also, when is the last time you saw anyone going door to door placing littera-trash for Santa? Or, being expected to assemble in a building periodically, and obey pointless rules?

• Narcissistic Supply
  • adamah
    adamah

Dwight Schrute as evil Santa, AKA Belsnickel from Southwestern German folklore (and in Pennslyvania Dutch country, hence why Dwight would know of Belsnickel, with the office set in Scranton), who spreads fear (not joy) during X-Mas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQv9sKLtluE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belsnickel

Now THAT'S a bit more like OT Jehovah, the smiting God of war.

Adam

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Santa Claus doesn't threaten to kill you or have family shun you if you no longer believe in him. Songs about Santa are way more cool than Kingdom Songs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit