My first gun

by LivingTheDream 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Crazy. I will never grasp this insane obsession with guns. Is it a penis thing?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

nic, my sister has an obsession with guns as well. She and her husband shoot a lot. They have an FBI friend that will bring a trunkload of assorted guns to a range and they go to town. She is all girl I assure you.

• TD
    TD
    Crazy. I will never grasp this insane obsession with guns. Is it a penis thing?

It doesn't matter what the hobby is, there's always a little bit of that among males. At it's core, no. Plenty of women enjoy shooting. Plenty of men (Like myself) prefer the historical and antique end of the spectrum.

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

Girls like them too!! my hubby and I go to the shooting range all the time. I have a shotgun for home protection and I just got a new Ruger ( love this little baby) im getting my concealed license to carry this month, so don't piss me off lol

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

nicolaou: Crazy. I will never grasp this insane obsession with guns. Is it a penis thing?

It's funny that you use the word "grasp" in connection with your implication that an interest in firearms is equivalent to some sort of penis-envy thing.

That being said, one of my first girl-friends once quipped that one of the essential differences between a gun and a penis is that you don't want a gun going off in your mouth! She actually said that.

I think of her from time to time with fond memories ....

• LivingTheDream
    LivingTheDream

Regarding:

Magazine vs. cartridge...

Sorry folks. Still a newbie to guns as you can see and using incorrect terms from time to time. No disrespect intended.

I'm not entirely sure how that mistake could be misconstrued as disrepectful though. Hmmm.

In any event, a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down...

Is this a penis thing?...

I suppose men like some things more than women: shooting guns, driving fast cars, tipping g-strings... But that doesn't mean that many open minded women won't like them as well.

That said, there are a number of things women like more than men: watching soap operas, reading romance novels, attending Lady Ga Ga concerts.

Still, I've never heard once in my life a man ask: "Is this a vagina thing?"

Brock Talon

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

That being said, one of my first girl-friends once quipped that one of the essential differences between a gun and a penis is that you don't want a gun going off in your mouth! She actually said that.

I think of her from time to time with fond memories ....

Boy, even I'll think of her with fond memories after hearing that.

• Glander
    Glander

"Is it a penis thing?"

Guns are not toys.

• Glander
    Glander

Snare and a Racket -- Do you have a Concealed Carry permit for that?

Here's my home protection gun -

• Antioch
    Antioch

Thanks for sharing! I know exactly what you're talking about. After I left the JWs, I became a FireFighter and wooooo-boy, it is a "macho" culture. I know exactly how you felt being surrounded by people who loved guns and being the one guy who had barely touched one. It took nearly 4 years out of the JW religion to break my train of thinking and realize guns are not evil and they can even be a responsible part of your life security plan.

For me, my first gun has been a Springfield 1911 Loaded. It's gorgeous. It's heavy. And it is versatile. It works for a strong home defense and is easily portable. Next I plan on getting a carry license and purchasing the Sig P238 because it is compact carry size that is modelled almost exactly like a 1911 so my familiarity will transfer automatically. After that (or before) I'm gonna get a Remington 870 to round out my collection.

IMO, every piece of your self defense and fire-arm collection should A. hopefully never be used lethally B. transferrable to other activities (hunting) and C. be of such quality as to pass on to family (ha! Like many of us have that).

Best luck out there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit