has shunning been downplayed?

by chickpea 23 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

well, as far as i can tell, they know better than to crank up the blather and in no way am i ever the one who initiates conversation... so, if they want to say hello and few harmless weather related comments, i wont be a turd about it...

once you have shed the cult personality, it is hard to remember what it was like to always look over your shoulder

everyone take care and enjoy the rest of whatever this season is for you....

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

BU2B, my experience precisely. WT may crack down in their rhetoric, but I see a wide variance in how JW's carry this out. Many stay connected on Facebook. I know a couple parents shunning grown children AND not pursuing a relationship with toddler grandchildren! (Wow, really Christian, you don't even spend time with infants, toddlers and non-JW spouses of grown d'fd children - and you think this how you'll win them over) . Other families with a fader, d'fd and pioneer among them, don't shun at all. Perplexing when I was in, as I never knew what to expect with friends when family members on the outside were around.

• satinka
    satinka

Shunning is alive and well in jw-ville.

I moved to the west coast to get away from the peering eyes of those who shun.

Had to start over.

satinka

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    satinka - "...the peering eyes of those who shun."

One of the more bizarre paradoxes I've become aware of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit