My first cigar

by LivingTheDream 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• wizardca
    wizardca

Was out for quite awhile tried cigarettes...was ok. But then I want to try a cigar. Found I enjoyed the slow smoke and the calming affect it has on me. The cheap cigars....good for the wallet but have found them crappy on taste. Worth spending a bit on the better ones. I like the Romeo and Juliet Monte Cristo. Ooh and add some scotch on the rocks with the cigar. Don't indulge often, but have found it to be a nice treat on occasion.

• marmot
    marmot

I actually got started on cigarillos while I was still in and just beginning my fade. Weapon of choice was either Captain Black sweets or Panther Noir little cigars. Since then I've upgraded to full-size anything I can get my hands on.

• LivingTheDream
    LivingTheDream

What I've learned from this thread here is that when it comes to cigars, you get what you pay for. Point taken.

Also I've learned that many of us got "brave" after fading or leaving the WTS and started living a little bit...

Brock Talon

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

First cigar I smoked was a Black & Mild. I used to really love them. I have a friend and we used to just go on walks and enjoy a pack. It wasn't too long after that I had to quick because they were destroying my health. Maybe I just needed to slow down a bit, haha

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Rocky Patel Edge Lite Torpedo:

RPELT

Smooth and satisfying! One hell of a good smoke!

• Glander
    Glander

How much $?

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I am saving this post because my husband enjoys a cigar especially after he golfs. Maybe I will buy him a humidor for Christmas along with some very nice cigars. I don't know if he has a cutter or one of the nice lighters someone mentioned but they are great gift ideas. It is still a little uncomfortable for me knowing he does it once in awhile, still trying to get all of that stupid JW stuff out of my head. My husband actually started enjoying them right before we faded. He is almost 60 and decided he was going to enjoy whatever time he has left! I have smoked cigarettes but never tried a cigar. I don't care for the smell but I do like the smell of some pipe tabacco. Enjoy Guys!

• Open mind
    Open mind

My wife and I enjoy sharing a good cigar together 2-3 times a year.

By sharing the same cigar, keeping it lit is not an issue.

She has a nice scotch while I usually sip on plain old Jameson.

om

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Open Mind, maybe I will try it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit