My first cigar

by LivingTheDream 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• LivingTheDream
    LivingTheDream

My first cigar

Not soon after I faded, I was on a company shindig and they were providing hand rolled cigars to everybody there. I watched in amazement as this Dominican guy rolled them in front of my eyes with great care and skill. Every guy he gave one to ogled it like it was a hot girl in a bikini.

Growing up a Witness, I would not have ever even stayed at that booth, let alone get a cigar fo r myself, but now? What the hell. Why not? I had to see what this was all about.

I got one. Ogled it. Smelled it. Rolled it in my fingers and chewed on it a bit. I admitted to a friend there I had no idea what to do with the darn thing. He was an expert. Had his own cigar cutter and humidor. Helped me get it lit. Told me how to smoke it.

Cigars I am told are very different from cigarettes, which to me were always very smelly. This thing was different.

I couldn't finish it as it was very strong. But I enjoyed what I did smoke. Got a bit light headed. It was better than a couple of shots of Knob Creek. Actually, I've found since, it's better WITH a couple of shots of Knob Creek.

I don't always smoke cigars, but when I do, it's a Domincan.

Brock Talon

• WatchTower87
    WatchTower87

Compliments

• Comatose
    Comatose

I love them now too. I have a few Dominicans in my humidor. :-)

• Comatose
    Comatose

A few of my favorites.

Sopranos - the BIG one (forget its name)

Mi Amor - La Aroma De Cuba

Gran Habano - Czar

Rocky Patel - Decade

Perdomo - Lot 23 (everyday smoke)

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Cigars, it is definitely an art Bro....But I can roll a perfect 'J' on one hand man...and the buzz?..ain't no buzz...just... MELLOW!!

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

I recently got into this trap.

BESTY has caused me to spend far more money than I ever expected on these things but it is so worth it... Long walks on an open road with the dog at sunset with a nice Cohiba....... bliss

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Glander....

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Cigars are great but now I enjoy a pipe once in a blue moon. So to all you cigar smokers have any of you had any demon problems? After all that what the demons love the most. LOL Have fun with it and enjoy only the good quality ones the cheap ones are not worth it. Totally ADD

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Cigars are great. I started smoking them earlier this year. Mrs. Dazed got me a humidor and cigars for our 10 th anniversary. I usually smoke one on the weekends.

I agree with ADD. Don’t waste your money on the cheap ones.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Post exam celebrations are always cirgar shaped, you should try flavoured shisha too.... It'ss gooooood.

snare

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit