JW New Bible

by JW GoneBad 41 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Oh wow I even posted on that thread and never noticed the picture.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Maybe the new bible will have a built in credit card reader for those impromptu "I would love to give, but don't have any cash on me at the moment"

NJY

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

The 2006 edition of the NWT had all those square brackets removed, ie they don't even tell you they're adding to the scriptures anymore. Maybe it's in that vein.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, I remember the Org book released at a Service meeting. I remember the section allowing Elders to retire from their positions if they voluntary wanted to do so, removed. Then, in the most recent revised version it was put back in.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Would not doubt it.

• UBM101
    UBM101

In the 1st and last meeting I attended, they bragged about translation of Bible/literatures in 1,000++ languages, and in the video showed an Afrikan lady said how she was so touched and shed tears because of that. And oh, they also did not failed to say that "the Christendom failed to properly carry out translation works".

It was a special meeting because a CO came to the congregation.

Super Wife

• UBM101
    UBM101

Oh, that was last month

• belbab
    belbab

In the hunt for Osama Ben Ladin, it was woman searchers that came up with the idea to follow the couriers and tracing their movements and activities, so they zeroed in on his whereabouts.

To scoop the WTB&TrackSociety, what indications are evident that points to a new Bible. movements of paper, ink, staff, comments from Gov Bod, Printing press modifications etc. Would it be ethical and theocratic to try bribery? People like Randy Watters would know what to watch for if a new Bible was in the works.

Belbab

• factfinder
    factfinder

Blondie- The OM book was released at the special talk in 1983. And the revised tp book was released at the special talk in 1986.

• d
    d

I was given a 2013 version of the bible by a Jw recently.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit