In Revelation, why is one verse to be taken literally and the other figuratively?

by I_love_Jeff 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You obviiously have not studied the obsure field of " Figliteralistic parablophical interprognostication."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Sorry, I mean "obscure." Here is a great link. http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/great-crowd-other-sheep.php

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

THANK YOU DATA-DOG!!!

• Ding
    Ding
    Are they trying to force Scripture into validating a preconceived doctrine?

Perish the thought!

Sounds like apostate thinking to me!!!

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I've never understood how the scripture can say "tribes of Israel" and yet interpret it as "Jehovah's Witnesses."

The JWs don't understand that the earth will be redeemed just as man is redeemed. It will beautiful and garden-like during the Millennium, then it will undergo a glorious change and become like the sun. Those who inherit the earth will be those who are resurrected after Christ's resurrection. Paul says there are many glories and that in the resurrection there will be three major glories like the sun, moon, and stars; and then he adds that even stars differ in glory. "So also is the resurrection of the dead," he writes. (1 Cor. 15)

Thank goodness that no one will be faced with spending eternity is some stinking garden eating veggie burgers and having family reunions and base jumping (boring when you can't die).

But others put it better. When you run a church, you get to interpret the scriptures the way you want. The Governing Body has systematically excluded from leadership everyone but...well...them. At first it was Charles Russell and Joseph Rutherford, then it was the anointed class, then it was the anointed class under the GB. Now it's just the GB. If you don't agree with them, then you're out, shunned by family and friends. All this with not an ounce of apostolic authority. And if the GB doesn't have the apostolic authority to bind in both heaven and earth, they have no power over you. They can disfellowship you, but they can't excommunicate you (as in nullifying your baptism or cutting you off from salvation). The apostles will judge Israel, and Yahweh will recognize their actions because they had the keys of authority. But the GB has no such authority. You can't even get in trouble for not shunning your family or friends! Again, if the GB can't bind in Heaven and on Earth, they cannot harm you.

So you active JWs...stop giving them power over you that they don't have. Stop giving your money and your time and the GB will feel the heat and see the light. They teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit