Peace and Security - When?

by rhodesboy 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

There is distaste for war all over the world.

Won't put money where your mouth is, eh? Well you are safe in your delusion then. I don't have to join you.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

On the subject of "Peace and Security" (1 Thess. 5) see my thread here. The idea of a future "peace and security" event is not inline with the context of 1 Thess. 5.

That does not rule out a possible conflict between the West and Russia. But the "peace and security" of 1 Thess 5 is the attitude of people towards "the day of Jehovah," not some human conflict. And as Paul said in 1 Thess. 5:6, 'the rest' were already in his day 'asleep' with regard to "Jehovah's Day."

• rhodesboy
    rhodesboy

Indeed jgnat you are right to be sceptical.

I would prefer it if 2014 would not be my 1975 but these red flags are popping up and I'm seeing them more clearly now. Like I said the Winter Olympics is just a red flag, there will be others and in time you too will see. China will eclipse the USA possibly early in the next decade as the prominant world power - before that is allowed to happen there will be war. If you right we all carry on regardless, if i'm right...

Bobcat your analysis is thought provoking. Maybe 'peace and security' is an attitude not an event, but in the wake of a global conflict it will likely be both. Lets wait and see if those UN troops surround the Vatican...

• *lost*
    *lost*

rhodesboy - does it have to be war in the sense of violence, or could it ossibly be war in the financial sense ?

what you think

• jgnat
    jgnat

My schizophrenic son sees red flags everywhere, too, indicating that he is in imminent danger. Yet he lives. You are suffering from confirmation bias.

• rhodesboy
    rhodesboy

lost if you read Revelation chapter 17:16 the opening phase of the attack on the harlot is to 'devastate" and make her 'naked'. This implies stripping her of her wealth (assets, funds) first. An economic crisis that will put the Great Recession of 2007 to shame would motivate previously amiable nations to aggressively liquidate Babylon's assets in a bid to save the world from financial collapse. The current economic woe that pervades the globe could worsen with time and precipitate such an event. As to trade embargos and protectionist economic measures taken by nations - anything is possible. However the 'peace and security' prophecy for me is a beacon of insight. Those words take on a profound, unambiguous meaning in the wake of a global conflict. Financial chaos can breed civil unrest but peace is the absense of and the conclusion of war.

• jgnat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit