I bet you can't sit still while listening to this

by Hortensia 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hortensia, good music. You have a PM

• stillin
    stillin

Just had Dire Straights cranked up last night! Great riff, great song! Owwwwowwwwooff!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Great selections Hortensia

But that's not James Brown singin' on the first post of this thread

that's a group called Wild Cherry.

Bands like KC and the Sunshine band , the Bee gees

Steely Dan, Micheal Macdonald, Hall and Oats , the Average White Band

and singers like Boz Scaggs laid it down back in the day

The only reason a person stood still and not move to thier music would be becuase of death

:)

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Wasblind, LOL You are 99.99% right about those that didn't dance to that music were dead. E X C E P T my husband. He is without a doubt devoid of all rhythm. He told me hilarious stories where back in the day he was in a mostly black cong. The sisters spent hours trying to teach him to dance (God love em) But even they eventually gave up!

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Any time she goes away, Bill Withers puts it together perfectly, I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW................Thanks for the your pm 3rdgen...followed the tracks to Mr. James Brown who says it again, This is man's world! Thanks Hortensia ...insot4

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Thank youtube! I love listening to music on youtube and following the links. I often find some really good singer I've never even heard of before, like a little treasure hunt online.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone.... Do guys know, they should ALL sing this song. I don't believe I have ever heard a bad rendition, ever. As long as they sing this with feeling, they get my vote. just Lois

• designs
    designs

H- James Brown and the Famous Flames performed on the Johnny Carson Tonight Show doing the 'cape and faint' it might have been to Please Please Please.

Side note on JB, if you can find the old James Brown album Thinking Bout Little Willie John, maybe late 50s, he has a Luther Vandross voice, the guy really could sing.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Designs...think I might found it...But I can't copy and paste and can't figure it....but see if its for sure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZT0Lm6fxEs

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ 3rdgen

Your husband wasn't as bad as Ernest T. bass at Mrs. Wiley's was he

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit