I just created an account on jw.org

by nonjwspouse 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Just what is the purpose for it? I can get to all the stuff without an account except with the account I can look up meeting times of a local congo, or conventions, and donate to the WTBTS. That seems to be it.In fact, once signed in that is ALL that is available and have to go back to being logged out to get anything else on the site.

What gives? Goodness I hope I didn't just load up my computer with some kind of spyware ( is that paranoid?)

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

? Weird!!! You don't ned an account to acces all the propaganda - it's free!

• whathappened
    whathappened

The site is cracked up anyway.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Log out of the account and I hope that you will be okay. I do not know why they want people to log in even you do not need to log in!!!!! I think they want to spy on some people.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You need to be an elder to get the juicy stuff I think.

• Laika
    Laika

nonjwspouse

Somewhere on the page (I think the bottom right?) there's a small code. You write that down and give it to your Congregation secretary and if you're one of the privileged few (i.e. an elder!) he can give you 'privileges' to get access to body of elders letters etc...

Otherwise it's a bit pointless, as you noticed...

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

. . . sort of two-factor authentication? Like elder's code and Big Mother's code combined = access.

You get a bits of information and they get your IP, provider, and web browser specifics.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

How many levels of authentification are there?

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Just like nonjwspouse mentioned - there is no extra information available on the the first layer of access granted. Nothing you couldn't also get by clicking through their website.

It makes you feel kind of stupid after supplying them with registry information (clandestine/fake).

How many levels? I guess COs and DOs should be on Game Level 3. But don't take my word for it, ask them.

• Splash
    Splash

Depending on your access level you can access km's, boe letters, various forms etc.

Certain access lets you send info direct back to the soc.

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit