Timing of the "new light" study and the upcoming annual meeting

by stuckinamovement 29 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

I find it interesting that the 7/15 watchtower will be studied from September 2-29th and then the annual meeting will be exactly one week after.

It strikes me as an effort to emphasize the fds and their role before a big announcement.

siam

• Gayle
    Gayle

thx, siam,,good heads-up note,, I hope Barbara Anderson gets info from her source like last year, or any other source asap then.

Or, is any other source here invited to go? Just 7 weeks away.

• Mum
    Mum

You're so right! They now have assumed the power of a dictatorship. As they are all dictators now, I think we should all refer to them as "the little 'taters."

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

New Yaught!!! We Just Love This Idea!!!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Well the annual meeting is poised to be more inclusive this year than any one previous. So I think it is a way to keep people "excited" and feeling special about their movement.

Its of course incredibly smart to do so. They do it all the time. Something previously inclusive of only a few (for no real good reason), is the "opened up" to all.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Great observation. But, I'm not sure what huge announcement even could be made. They cannot reverse stance on 1914 or blood. The religion would collapse with a 1914 reversal and be sued out of existence with a blood reversal. They could say its time to stop preaching. I imagine the cost of printing the mags for public and all the study material is very high. With their new focus on the website they could say that it available to the whole world. But, then why the literature carts lately? Bringing back a charge for the publications could happen. That way the sheeple have to pay for anything they take. Plus they could make a fortune of the new bible since everyone would have to buy it.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Bringing back a charge for the publications could happen. That way the sheeple have to pay for anything they take. Plus they could make a fortune of the new bible since everyone would have to buy it.

That would mean taxation requirement for sale of literature. That would open up auditing issues by the IRS. I don't think the WTS will open itself up to that.

• besty
    besty

It makes sense that they are planning something stupid, given the multiple warnings for elders (and sheeple) to obey the GB even if it seems irrational.

• bigmac
    bigmac

maybe the GB are going to give god an ultimatum about armageddon---either piss or get off the pot

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Great that you noticed the proximity of the annual meeting timed to coincide with the WT Study.

I wanted to add that " I Feel" that the following video explains why the timing is so close.

Things that are hard to accept, such as the "new light" being turned on in this WT study will be easier to swallow if it is being discussed in the "presence" of others that believe the same way. It would be impossible to get ALL the jws together in one place so they do the next best thing that being to tie them in together via video so the attendees "feel" that they are certainly privileged to be a part of the revealing of the "new light"

I think that just the mind set of being "tied into the main feed, live" gives them feeling of comraderie.

If you check out this video showing the Soloman Asche study it will explain how just being in the presence of others, peers, it promotes one to put away any doubts they may be starting to experience.

When you watch the video, think of the "lone subject" as being a person at this "video tie in" that may be starting to have a hard time believing what they are hearing.

There is a little twist to consider and that is that although the Jws will not hear the "new light" coming from the other Jws, the head knodding in agreement, clapping, excited conversations afterward between the other Jws helps promote the thought from the doubting one that " maybe it is me tht is wrong in my thought, how can all these other Jws be wrong, it must be me that is having a hard time accepting it"

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NyDDyT1lDhA

Tried to make it embedded, no clickable chain link in options above. Maybe someone else can work it out for me.

NJY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit