Scandalous injustice at JC - read this!

by hamsterbait 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Searching Out Legal Roots

No doubt the public trials helped influence the judges toward carefulness and justice, qualities that sometimes vanish in secret star-chamber hearings Awake! 1-22-81 P.17

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It mentions Waverley, was this in Edinburgh?

Does it date from 2001?

The link to the backstory is dead.

• cofty
    cofty

I'm sure it is Waverly Edinburgh. I recognise some of the names, in particular Robin Maxwell.

I'm sure he was a lad at Dalkeith when I was there.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

1999. You are still in the process here hamster?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Way too long to read without strong coffee...

• hotspur
    hotspur

I took the trouble to read this over a couple of lunch breaks... boy! What a bunch of imbeciles. (I need part II)

Anyway, it got me thinking. Aside from the legal requirement in the US to notify if a recording is being made - why not record these hearings?

If you went to any court in a 'civilised' society you would find stenographers at the very least. You can keep notes at a JC so what if you were able to take it all down in Shorthand?

The records in wordly courts are made as a protection to the individual and to maintain some form of justice and is at least seen to be done. The mere fact records are not made at a JC speaks volumes against justice and human rights. I'm amazed they can get away with as much as they do!

It's very true.... the WT takes advantage of every aspect of the 'world's' systems and procedures but never offers the same to it's rank and file - hypocisy at it's very best (worst?).

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I think that if I ever get invited to a JC meeting, I will hire a steographer to come to record the meeting.

What would they say?

NJY

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

*** w10 6/1 p. 15 Did You Know? ***

When the older men of a city acted as judges, they would sit at the city gate to hear cases, render decisions, and execute judgments.—Deuteronomy 21:19.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit