Wow! My brother is just too dumb for words....

by Witness My Fury 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

OK we know it's a stupid mind control cult but sometimes to see it in the flesh is just a slap in the face...

I lent my brother Karen Armstrongs The Bible - The Biography, which is a great book to help understand the bible, I have read it twice and it was very informative. I had hoped my brother may find it likewise and actually learn something.

Not a frickin chance.

He gave the book back today with an agitated tone and told me it was crap and that he didnt want me to show him any other books, he had got to page 21, so had only managed the introduction and 12 pages of chapter 1 of a book with 229 pages (300+ if you include glossary and appendix).

Inside were some postit noted with notations he'd written about dates quoting from Insight volumes and Scripture Inspired to "correct" the dates in the book for events and dates of reigns like Manassahs and Hezekiahs.

Basically he got mad that the book disagreed with what his drone cult brain read in the WTS volumes and refused to read any further.

FFS he didnt even look at another outside source at all, just assumed the book was making error after error on dates and got annoyed.

I am shocked he could be just that dumb.

I got annoyed with him and told that if he was brainwashed enough to think that looking in the Insight volumes counted as REAL research then good for him (English sarcasm meaning the exact opposite of that point of course).

I will leave it for a good while and then tell him he was a dumbass and to verify it elsewhere.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

He's not dumb. In jw land, everything in the Watchtower is from their loving heavenly father and absolutely correct.. All outside sources that contradict are ultimately from Satan, a ploy to undermine their faith. I see what you were trying to do, and that's very thoughtful, but to him you may as well have handed him a book entitled: The Watchtower is Wrong about 607BC by T. Hedevil

• jam
    jam

"too dumb for words' is a understatement for some of our family

members still trap in the cult.

I told my brother (Elder) years ago about the WT association with

the UN and that 1975 was not the only fail dates made by

the WT.

His response, Satan has totally control of your mind and body, I

feel sorry for you. Why are you lying against Jehovah organization and

he hung up on me.

It reminded me of the time when were young ( I'm older by 5 years),

I told him Santa Claus is not real. He ran away screaming holding his

hand over his ears yelling it's not true. LOL

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

JAM: First Santa now the WT... is nothing sacred? Lol

• jgnat
    jgnat

If he was agitated the message struck home. He's just not ready to face it yet.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, the Witnesses aren't just naturally ignorant- they have to work hard at it! I was trying to educate my sister a little bit- she doesn't read non-fiction. I offered her a Reader's Digest book about the Bible- "I don't like your kind of books".

LOL, what can you do?

• blondie
    blondie

Even if you use the WTS own words...jws can't handle it. I say "hang them with their own words" but the rank and file jw comes up with some explanation: that is a fake copy of the WT publication even if you just pulled it off their own library shelf or the KH library. Or it is old news (light) even if the WTS put it in their own history books like the Proclaimers book. jws don't read current things let alone older things.

• steve2
    steve2

Frankly, my dear, you are related to a horse. You led it to water and it refused to drink. You are advised to learn your lesson well before your brother learns his, if he ever does. You have allowed this unthirsty horse way too much power over you.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

As far as education. You refuse to take no for an answer. You treat people like you would like to be treated. You educate them even if they have no desire to learn or even try. You bring them up to your level in every way possible. You break the chains of ignorance by breaking them yourself. Whether they choose to accept it is no concern of yours. You did your best. The freedom you seek is to rid your mind of the parasite that is the jehovah witnesses. You can kill the parasite in your mind without damaging the host. Do unto others as you would have done to you. Don't think that is in the bible, but who cares....

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Not dumb, just stubborn. I would have been the same when I was a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit