We Are Not Witnesses For JEHOVAH - According to the Bible

by The Searcher 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

and whem the bible is proven wrong ----

8000 meter high flood waters coinciding with the building of the pyramids and on and on----.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That is not what this threads about. Don't be a derailer.. The Bible never says the flood was GLOBAL.

• prologos
    prologos

sorry, but jws have their bible with all theses stories at hand in their d2d witnessing.

really they are also witnessing to the everchanging and overlapping teachings in the wt papers they hand out.

Witnesses for the defense have known to have turned to witnesses for the prosecution by astute questioners.

Witnesses for neither one of the big Js, but for the inner party.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You are right.

• prologos
    prologos

Another reason that most JWs are not Jehovahs witnesses is that according to wt doctrine:

There are at most 12 000 perhaps only 8 JWs in the world why?

Only spiritual Israelites are JWs (Isaiah 31). and according to wt

Only the "anointed" are spiritual Israelites. and according to wt

There are only 8 + certified anointed, most others are only partakers and mentally unstable.

so: right we, or most of us are not, and never were Jehovahs Witnesses

or not witnessing any more .

• smiddy
    smiddy

I believe this thread needs needs re- visiting for newbies and others who may have missed it .

smiddy

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Its interesting they like to quote Rev.1:5 where it say that Jesus is a witness for his father but then they completely ignore the end of the verse where it states that he Jesus is ruler over the kings of the world. Wait I thought he didn't start rulling until 1914.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think they are witnesses of Jehovah because of witnessing regarding the events of 1914 which the first century christians were not witnessing about.

the book The Nations Shall Know That I am Jehovah-How? (WTB&TS 1971) pages 19-22 talks of the exodus fron Eygpt and says on page 22

'Now the responsibility was upon those liberated Israelites to serve as witnesses to their descendants' and goes on to quote Isaiah 43:1-12

In the Insight on the Scriptures (1988) Under the heading Israel and subheading Birth of the Nation it says

'God now saw fit, however, to deal with them, not strictly as a patriarchal society, but as the nation of Israel, which he created and to which he gave a theocratic government founded on the Law covenant as a constitution'

So I assume it was at this time of the exodus that they became a nation.

In the Watchtower of March 1 1925 there was I believe an article regarding Revelation 12 and the Birth of the Nation, God's Messianic Kingdom in 1914. and i believed as Jehovah's Witnesses we were fulfilling the scripture in Matthew 24:14. which i related to the good news of the birth of the Kingdom in 1914. Something that the first century Christians were not witnesses of but were witnesses of Jesus. (1Cor. 15:3-8) The birth of the Kingdom was surely caused by Jehovah.

That's my view.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Great thread! I copied and pasted the list of 28 scriptures showing that jw's should be jesus witnesses. I have shared it with my still-in wife. She didn't comment, but she definitely though about it!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit