Need Help - Looks like some one in my family got to know that we are fading...

by MissConfused 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

i think, and this is just me of course...i'd play "stupid".

that was an interesting story...what's that gotta do with us?

not knowing your specific situation and the things you may have said to their "sheeple", i couldn't give you guidance and frankly...i dunno how they'd respond being as i dunno your family, but for mine i'd play stupid and have them spell everything out to a t and question every single little thing until they give up.

allegories/illustrations...sigh. especially ones from a cult.

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

lol it might be helpful to point out that the shephard was gonna either eat the sheep or sell them to someone who was gonna butcher them for wool and meat anyway.

mmm lambchops. satan is prolly lickin' his lips right about now...

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

OTWT - old lights are always the biggest CULT enemies... Will be shedding them the Real Bight light soon...

Crazyguy - always good to use their tools to tell how we feel.. Thanks for scriptures.

exwhyzee - you are too good. Great points.. Will post my reply to the relative here..

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

Django_unchained - shepards are GB here.. Well thought. Will use this too. Thanks :D

• clarity
    clarity

MissConfused ..... glad to see you here!

Keep on digging and you'll find that confusion will go away,

you will have an easy answer because TRUTH always makes sense.

>

Crazyguy has a great suggestion about the days text.

Would you give us a copy of that "Christ is not your mediator" , CrazyGuy?

>

So many dubs do not even know about this teaching, it would be very helpful!

clarity

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Friday May 3, 2013 daily text of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Abraham came to be "Jehovah's friend"-and that before the ransom sacrifice was offered.

Isa. 41:8) What, then, about true Christians who hope to live in the restored earthly Paradise? These have not received "the free gift of righteousness" with heavenly life in view "through the release by the ransom paid by Christ Jesus." (Rom. 3:24; 5:15, 17) Nevertheless, they exercise deep faith in God and his provisions, and they manifest their faith by good works. One such work is that of "preaching the kingdom of God . . . and teaching the things concerning the Lord Jesus Christ." (Acts 28:31) Thus, Jehovah can view these as righteous in the sense that he did Abraham.The gift such ones receive-friendship with God-differs from "the free gift" the anointed receive. Yet, it certainly is a gift that they accept with deep gratitude. w11--

• gbrn
    gbrn

I've heard that same illustration in a talk some years ago. Looking back with some clarity I just see how manipulative it really is. I personally wouldn't respond. Or maybe just make a joke about why in the world would the farmer shoot a talking wolf?? He could have made a fortune off of it!

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

hi Miss confused. Do some research on the logical fallacy appeal to pathos and then suggest to your close family member to do the same.

• nugget
    nugget

These stories are nauseating but well befits the jw attitude of zero forgiveness. It didn't matter to the farmer that the wolf had the same thoughts as the prodigal son, it does not matter that he resisted the other wolves nor that he appealed for mercy. The wolf remembered the sheep were his friends, the farmer saw the sheep as his property.

What is the purpose of a flock of sheep? It is to provide wool, milk and food. The farmer would eventually slaughter all his sheep to make a profit the wolf would eat what he needed to satisfy his hunger. In this story the farmer is no hero but a selfish hard hearted man with no compassion for either the wolf or the flock.

In the organisation the congregation are treated as property any that do not add value receive less support and sheep who question the benevolence of their spiritual farmer are given over to the wolves. The sheep that remain in are fed pap and fleeced regularly so yes there is much we can learn from this illustration.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

If the farmer had half a brain, and a memory, he'd remember he had a wolf. So when a wolf rocks up looking for help, a smart, sensible person would think, "I used to have a wolf. Although this wolf is looking really shaggy and not quite like the wolf I remember, it is acting the same. I wonder if it that wolf from before? It was good having him around..."

But a stupid farmer with no mercy just shoots first, asks questions later. What a silly farmer...lost a good friend that day by his own hand.

THAT is what I'd reply with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit