JW internet warnings

by larc 25 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

My m-i-l is 81, and slowly uses her computer - nobody has the eternal patience to stay with her every keystroke of the way. Just word processor though. I don't think she comprehends the internet.

My b-i-l is an elder and avid on the internet....but I would strongly suspect he's never ventured into Satan's Den. If so, none of his words betray him. Interesting that an apostate can spot words from a jw - just like a jw can spot words. Reverse psych - or just used to playing with words?

My nephew is just psych. whipped by his father. His father "lost one son to the world" and I think he's trying to be certain that he doesn't lose another. The kid has absolutely no spunk - I can't even get him to tell a dirty joke, what a waste of teen years.

Some jw's are just completely shut - for the time being.

For thousands of other jw's......Welcome to the Wonderful World!

waiting

• larc
    larc

Folks,

For the JWs that say that the internet is evil, that is just bunk. The internet is no more than a faster, more convenient form of a library. The internet is a form of information retreival, like a library. It is all in how you use it. As bugs bunny says, what a bunch of maroons.

• jerome
    jerome

Now that my eyes are opened to what a JW actually is, I want a 2nd opionion.

Because, really you should never hear just one side of the story. Even thought the Watchtower is full of nonsense i would still like to get an insiders view on what JWs think of and feel about the world.

The internet is definetly going to be a thorn in the tyrannical paw of the Watchtower Scoiety but its only usefull as long as people know where to look for good unbiased information.

When I first started to look I found it very difficult to find clear unbiased and objective information about the JWs. It always had very bitter overtones. That I think is going to be a problem. It is only after that I found freeminds that I actually got some good info and found this messagebard. And even then it was still very biased.

But all of that has changed and I know better now, I wont be joining the kult any time soon.

But imagine if I dident have the internet what may have happened?

No wonder thay say its evil.

jerome

• LDH
    LDH
    It always had very bitter overtones

I've thought about that Jerome, and wondered if it would run people off.

IMHO, people are nosy. So, although they may be 'repulsed' by what they initially see, they will find themselves sneaking back time and again.

And the nosiest of all are the ones who never converted to JW, yep, the ones 'raised in the truth.' They are gen-xers now and are not so turned off by a swear word here or there.

Once the kids leave, the parents gradually weaken. Some in the congregation start gossiping about "what brother and sister so and so could have done WRONG to make little johnny leave Jehovah." And so on.

It's just a matter of time.

Lisa

• waiting
    waiting
    It is only after that I found freeminds that I actually got some good info and found this messagebard.

Agreeing with Lisa (yes, once in a while) - a lot of the sites do have negative overtones - many thousands of angry people. But Freeminds - and some others - have managed to try for the average.

I clicked on the internet - and just read. Some sites were too rough, so I'd just browse them, click onto another. Once a person realizes that there's some truth.....it's hard to stop reading.

But I read and learned - and that's The Truth. Jw's have to be willing to look - I think this generation of young people will look more - as more are going for an education, etc. Sign of the Times.

waiting

• LDH
    LDH

Listen here, Old Supreme One.

Even when we disagree, it's because we've agreed to disagree. Who loves ya babe?

Lisa

PS--What I should have said is most JWs are nosy. Cause they don't have a life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit