The Problem With The Organization Exposing Their Former Beliefs To Their Current Ones

by minimus 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I remember mentioning to our CO, John Mason, back in late 1995, the change in the 'understanding/definition' of THIS GENERATION. My comment was that this nu lite was quite a change in the doctrinal teaching of the org.

His quick and terse reply to me was that we don't question "the mother organization". I replied to him that I wasn't questioning (which it turns out was a lie) just commenting on this change. i also mentioned the change in the Awake! magazine masthead, which by the way went completely unnoticed by 99% of all JW's.

His 'encouraging' comment to me was the classic, trademark: "Wait on Jehovah!" If that is so important, i.e. "Wait On Jehovah", Have you ever wondered why the (so called) 'faithful slave', aka GB, doesn't find it necessary to 'Wait On Jehovah' for the proper, 100%, no need to change, correct 'spirit directed' understanding of doctrine/dogma? Instead, sadly they publish, and then 'throughly convince' from the Scriptures, teachings that need to be completely changed in a few decades? If only they would----Wait On Jehovah!

How does glorify Jehovah God if we publicly preach and teach things of which we were "thououghly convinced from the Scriptures" only to have revealed that what we publicly preached and taught was no TRUTH?

• minimus
    minimus

You can't have conviction and believe in something and even be willing to die for the belief, if the belief keeps changing.

• St George of England
    St George of England

*** w09 2/15 p. 27 par. 12 They “Keep Following the Lamb” ***

12 The faithful slave is also discreet in that it neither acts immodestly, running ahead of Jehovah, nor lags behind when God’s direction on a matter is clear. For example, while false religious leaders tacitly approve or openly condone as normal the selfish, godless conduct of the people of the world, the slave provides warnings against the pitfalls of Satan’s wicked system. The slave is able to provide wise and timely warnings because Jehovah God and Jesus Christ are blessing it. The slave thus deserves our complete trust. How, though, can we demonstrate that we trust the faithful and discreet slave?

Talk about blowing ones own trumpet!

George

• Glander
    Glander

In effect, they consider the current light is coming from a memory eraser. You are supposed to play along and STFU!

• blondie
    blondie

(Acts 5:29) 29 In answer Peter and the [other] apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men.

*** w12 4/15 p. 26 par. 16 Jehovah Knows How to Deliver His People ***

As events unfold during the great tribulation, Christians will need to heed instructions from God’s Word and organization. For example, Jesus’ command to “begin fleeing to the mountains” has a modern-day application. Just what form our flight will take remains to be seen. However, we can be sure that Jehovah will make clear the meaning of those instructions when the time comes for us to follow them. Since our deliverance will depend on obedience, we do well to ask ourselves: ‘How do I respond to instructions that Jehovah provides for his people now? Am I quick to respond, or do I hesitate to obey?’—Jas. 3:17.

*** w10 4/15 pp. 9-10 par. 12 Holy Spirit’s Role in the Outworking of Jehovah’s Purpose ***

Second, Jehovah uses his spirit to lead his organization in the direction that he wants it to go. In Ezekiel’s vision, the heavenly part of Jehovah’s organization is depicted as a celestial chariot that is irresistibly on the move to fulfill Jehovah’s purpose. What impels the chariot to move in a certain direction? Holy spirit. (Ezek. 1:20, 21) Let us remember that Jehovah’s organization is made up of two parts, one in heaven and the other on earth. If the heavenly part is directed by holy spirit, the same must be true of the earthly part. By being obedient and loyal to the direction received from the earthly part of God’s organization, you show that you are keeping pace with Jehovah’s celestial chariot and are working in harmony with his holy spirit.—Heb. 13:17.

-------------

Jesus did not obey a human organization. Remember that the Jewish religion had not been rejected...Jesus was still subject to its laws. But he made a distinction between what the law said and what humans said.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

To me it all seems really petty. At some point you get tired of beating a dead horse.

It's just a failed social experiment.

Next!

• prologos
    prologos

they merely touched on exposing just enough of SOME of their former beliefs, to confound the (un) truth behind the fresh lightin wt 15/7/2013.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Great find George!.....to fix the problem they have to flush the old crap and bring in some good spirtual food.... a big pile of fresh.... C A C A....ummm tasty!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The scepter of authroity that the Governing Body welds in the form of disfellowshipping exerts tremendous force on the minds of the rank and file toward acceptance of new teaching that replace old with the proscribed sayings of wonderful amazement and thankfulness for currant clearification of "food at the proper time" prepared by a faithful slave appointed by God almighty.

Fearing to be disfellowshipped for expressing doubts many will latch on to and express the party line mantra to avoid any suspicion as to not displaying manditory loyalty to the corporation's executives.

• minimus
    minimus

Still, ANY type of disagreement= YOU are divisive, an apostate, bad association.

ONLY if THEY say it, is it so.

Control freaks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit