My daughter got her A Levels yesterday and is off to university in September

by Xanthippe 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Xanthipe

I have two daughters one out of university and one about half way through. Learning never stops! Congatulations.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Wonderful -- no surprise you're so proud!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I could not be happier for you and your daughter. What a precious thing to have done your job so well that she has flourished under your care and protection. She has shown her mettle and you can take credit for helping her achieve that after the turmoil you must have been through.

I think that going off to uni is similar to the happy/sad feeling you get when your daughter gets maaried. On one hand it is what you have worked and dreamed of, your baby on her way to an independant fulfilling life. On the other hand she off doing that on her own. It is what you work for but it kind of gives you a bit of a stab in the heart. Xanthippe, you did a great job, what a great future you have with your daughter.

Which uni is she going to?

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

I think that going off to uni is similar to the happy/sad feeling you get when your daughter gets maaried. On one hand it is what you have worked and dreamed of, your baby on her way to an independant fulfilling life. On the other hand she off doing that on her own. It is what you work for but it kind of gives you a bit of a stab in the heart. Xanthippe, you did a great job, what a great future you have with your daughter.

Soooo! true

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I speak as someone who, as a teenager, was stopped by the JW elders from attending university:

- but who is about to resume tertiary studies some 40+ years later (the Advanced Diploma course actually begins this Monday).

All I can say to your daughter is "Go for your bloody life!"

It is possible to pick it up later on, but (as I am finding out) much harder to do than when you are fresh out of high school.

Bill

• Mum
    Mum

Congratulations! Your daughter is very capable in some heavy subject matter. You have every right to be proud and happy!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Whoop whoop!

WELL DONE!

Take her out and celebreate with a big slap up meal! Maybe you should consider going back to education too? It's easy to go back as a mature student now, the doors are open....

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thanks everyone, lovely happy thoughts.

Zeb and Slidin Fast, she was going to do a physics degree like her dad and then changed her mind and is going to do English literature instead at Lancaster university.

Snare, I got a history degree with the Open University, graduated when I was forty-three, so a very mature student.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Wow, double awesome! X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit