YOU'VE GOT TO LAUGH!!

by The Searcher 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Searcher

"Who controls and influences my thinking - The HB, or the GB?

Excellent question

The Bible has no power to correct a JW contrary to the GB.

However, the GB readily changes a JWs thinking as to what the Bible teaches.

• jhine
    jhine

The Searcher , thanks very much .

• troubled mind
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Vanderhoven: How could the WT previously consider the "annointed" as "domestics" when they were at the same time doing all the feeding. Is it possible that the "domestics" got switched in the graphic?

Excellent question, but you'll drive yourself crazy trying to make sense of it.

According to the 7-15-13 WT, the governing body is the "faithful and discreet slave" when they meet together to discuss doctrines and policies. Then, when the meeting is concluded, they apparently remove their special "GB hat" and become a "domestic". They are simultaneously the supreme rulers and the ruled.

At that point the GB feeds itself as a "domestic". AS the FDS/homeowner the GB cooks up the meal, then eats the meal it just cooked, but now as a house slave-feeding itself by itself.

Imagine if a CEO of a large corporation did the same thing. In the morning he meets with his advisors as the head of the company, the CEO, the decision-maker. When the meeting is over, he changes into overalls and goes to work as a janitor- and is no longer the CEO of the company with no more authority than the janitor next to him. This is the same line of "logic" the GB is using.

The old view was that all anointed were the FDS, but only a select few did the actual preparation of "spiritual food". The new view couches the anointed "domestics" in with the riff-raff, the non-anointed JW publisher, while elevating the select few, the self-proclaimed FDS, to a monarchy.

It's all absurd double-speak but effectively accomplishes the goal of galvanizing the supreme authority of the GB over 8 million JWs.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

AndDontCallMeShirley Thanks!

What makes my head spin more than anything else is keeping up with the changes.

Reminds me of the old Garfield cartoon poster:

Just when I figured out the answers to lifes' meaning, they changed the questions.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

ADCMS:

This explains why there are 41,000 Christian denominations worldwide.

Crazy Guy:

How could they be christians, followers of christ recognize him as their messiah and they do not. They're not christians thier OrganizatIANS.

I love how you just marginalized a couple billion people to the category of frauds. Nice going.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Just a bunch of narcissists doing their very best to obtain narcissistic supply.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Just a bunch of narcissists doing their very best to obtain narcissistic supply

One friend to another...you need a new catch phrase.

• whathappened
    whathappened

It is a cult, you know. I guess we can't expect too much of them.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Survey says: GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit