YOU'VE GOT TO LAUGH!!

by The Searcher 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
  • "All of our teachings are based on the Bible, not on the writings of some religious leader in the United States. "—1 Thessalonians 2:13. http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/not-a-sect/

• All of the teachings (I counted 8) which have been reversed in the July 15th Watchtower were based on the Bible???????????

"They are not the writings of of some religious leader/s in the U.S." ????????? Hello McFly!!!!! Wake up and smell the coffee!!!!!!

To all of those in Branch Offices throughout the world who have the courage to peruse websites other than JW.ORG, ask yourselves, "Who controls and influences my thinking - The HB , or the GB ?

• hotspur
    hotspur

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Would it be too much trouble (if you haven't done it already) for you to post the 8 doctrines and their subsequent reversalss with references here on this thread.

Pretty please.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Yes that would be very helpful - pretty pretty please.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Doubleplusfacepalm.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

They believe their own press! . . . haha, ha ha ha .

Question: What is the difference between Christians and Jehovah’s Witnesses?

Answer: We are Christians! But rather than just claiming to be Christians, Jehovah’s Witnesses strive to live in harmony with what they believe and with what God is teaching them for their benefit. (Isaiah 48:17, 18) Since all their teachings are based on the Bible, they know they have the truth.—Matthew 7:13, 14, 21-23.

The Watchtower 2004, October 1, page 31

• jhine
    jhine

Searcher , pretty , pretty ,pretty please

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Based on the Bible" sounds wonerfully reassuring to the JW (controlled) mind, but what it really means, in non-WT speak, is "based on the WT interpretation of the Bible at any one time."

With the caveat that "interpretations may change, and if we really cannot find a bible verse or phrase to back up our teaching, we will teach it anyway."

West Side Story is based on Romeo and Juliette in a much closer way than JW/WT teachings are based on the Bible.

Notice they are careful enough not to say "Our teachings come directly from the Bible" or are "Firmly rooted in scripture" or any such positive statement, no, they are simply "Based" on the Bible.

I could "base" any fiction I wanted on the Bible, and it would not be true.

• blondie
    blondie

claiming to be Christians = other terms in WT pubs = professed Christians, so-called Christians

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Because they say so, that's how the r&f know its true. No need to question, they have done the thinking for them.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit