Joined the YMCA! Start tomorrow on getting fit.

by skeeter1 14 Replies latest jw friends

• St George of England
    St George of England

Don't forget to singalong...

Y M C A

Yes it's fun to stay at the Y M C A....

Just showing my age

George

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The Village People! I am old enough to remember when the song came out, and first seeing them on Casey Casem's Top 10, I believe. What a hoot. Always wanted to be the Indian.

• garyneal
    garyneal

My wife does the Y thing without batting an eye. It also appears that the witnesses in the area don't discourage it, or they don't know that she is doing it, or they don't know that the WT discouraged it.

• Bella15
    Bella15

The YMCA is a great place for families, some have something for everyone in the family!!!

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah I remember the elders making a big deal out of my parents joining the Y. I actually did volunteer work there my junior year of high school. I NEVER told anyone at the hall cause I was so ashamed. I can't believe how gulity they made people feel about going to a gym that had 'Christian' in it. Thats basically the kingdom hell...I mean hall, in a nutshell: Shame and gulit and jealousy. I'm gonna join the one down the street from my house in a few weeks...trying to lose some weight before thanksgiving, doing the low carb thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit