Joined the YMCA! Start tomorrow on getting fit.

by skeeter1 14 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I joined the YMCA. Of course, I joined it for the gym. Seriously, the best deal in town for a whole family membership that the gym actually allows tweens and teens to exercise in classes and on machines. $50 registration, and then $50 a month for the whole family, and it includes childcare for the wee-litte ones. Excited about doing the "TRX" class with my spouse on Saturday morning.

I'll let you know if I find the devil inside the YMCA, ok?

Skeeter

• mP
    mP

Ever heard of parks and walking ?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Thanks for the encouragement.

Yes, we do parks, hiking, and biking....the YMCA is to supplement these activities. The reason is that it's going to be getting darker earlier soon, cutting off the time to do stuff after school. With tweenagers, they don't want to go to the park with the parents. They've been to that stinking park since they were kiddies, and it's "boring" to them now. Riding bikes, perhaps, over to the friends house to play games (and God knows whatever else). The YMCA has a twice weekly workout program for the tween, 1 hour. Their school has PE, but at only 1/2 of the year, and then only every other day. So, school is lacking. They refuse martial arts, hockey, skating, dance, cheer, flag football, soccer, and every other thing I can think of. These are all "outdoors" or "too cold" or "too hard"; so I am making them do this. If they don't do this, then I'll take them to the Kingdumb Hall where they can learn to appreciate true boredumb.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Shame, shame, shame contributing to Satan's ruled Christendom.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

phys ed at the Y is a terrific bargain!

• haboob48
    haboob48

You are now part of the UN! Just kidding! Enjoy, get healthy! That is GREAT!

• Glander
    Glander

Sounds like a bargain and a great activity for the family. Makes me want to hear the Y M C A song.

• talesin
    talesin

Most excellent!

I've always walked for exercise, but now belong to the Y... they give me financial assistance, It's great organization and god-damn the WTS for their hypocritical stance on this issue.

Thank you, YMCA, for helping me to heal.

xo

tal

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Awesome! Have fun!

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Good for you! You and your family will enjoy it. We joined it right before we faded because it has a few swimming pools and so many other great programs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit