Divided By A Common Language

by Quendi 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Quendi
    Quendi

Well, Truth seeker 674, Canada’s Maritime Provinces are on my “bucket list.” I want to see the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick as well as PEI. Newfoundland is definitely on the list as well, and your words have fired my imagination all the more. Do you live there or have you traveled there extensively? I’ve heard interesting things about “Newfies” and would love to sit over a bowl of piping hot chowder along with a good ale and just swap tales!

Quendi

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Quendi I live in Ontario but have traveled east and west in this big country. The Newfies are a great people I have worked with and know many of them. There are lots of things to see in our maritime provinces from a tidal bore to a reversing falls to a magnetic hill where you put your car in neutral and roll up hill (optical illusion) and a lot of good food and booze LOL.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Quendi I forgot to mention the Newfie jokes. Get two or three Newfies together over a couple of beer and they'll tell you Newfie Jokes that will make you laugh so hard your sides will split.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit